How safe its to have 5 different procedures at the same time?

I want to get a tummy tuck with liposuction on the back and the sides, breast lift, brazilian butt lift and vaginoplasty.

MMO

We often perform MMOs consisting of a TT, Lipo of the back, Breast lift and fat transfer.
Vaginoplasty would add too much time to the surgery.

Multiple procedures-?safely concerns

It would be safer to do it in 2 stages and limit OR time to under 3 hours each.
Perhaps you could do an abdominoplasty with BBL first and do breast lift and vaginoplasty in a few months.

Mark Filstein, MD

Very good for complications

I would say, they are too many surgeries at once, its very very risky. Split your surgerien on stages,  2 times to OR. You will reduce a lot of risks...  wish you good luck

Multiple procedures at the same time

Thanks for the question. It is okay to do 2 to 3 procedures simultaneously. You must be in good health to undergo any cosmetic surgery. Find a board certified plastic surgeon with many years of experience. During consultation, the surgeon will make his recommendations that will deliver the best possible outcomes.

German Newall, MD

Safety of combining multiple procedures

That is a lot of surgery do be done at one time.  If you are going to do that, you definitely have to be in perfect health, and you will need a very experienced and very efficient surgeon to get all of that done safely.  For the vast majority of patients, I would think that is too much surgery at one time.  Good luck.

Too many procedures

In my opinion that is too much surgery for one day.A Brazilian with abdominoplasty and liposuction is an enormous amount of surgery.An abdominoplasty by itself is a massive recovery.Breast lifts are lengthy procedures.The amount of time under General Anastasia is excessive. And abdominoplasty takes me anywhere between 2 1/2 and 4 1/2 hours.Liposuction and a Brazilian will take three hours on top of that.A breast lift  takes me between two and four hours. My most recent patient who underwent an abdominoplasty with Brazilian ended up spending two nights in the hospital.

not because she had any complications but rather felt  she was not ready to go home for 48 hours. 

there are different ways to split up the procedures.

argument can be made for different combinations.
You could consider having liposuction and the Brazilian first with or without the breast lift.That is a reasonable amount of surgery.The recovery is not that difficult with the exception of avoiding laying on your back and avoiding pressure on your Brazilian for the first few weeks after the procedure.  One advantage of doing these procedures first is the ability for your plastic surgeon to be aggressive with your liposuction delivering the best results.Many plastic surgeons limit the amount of liposuction to be done in conjunction with an abdominoplasty. One of the drawbacks to having the Brazilian first is the need to wait before having the abdominoplasty. I asked my patience to wait a minimum of six months after abdominal liposuction before having an abdominoplasty.The main reason for this is to allow scar tissue to mature making the skin and fat layers soft which facilitates getting the best results from the abdominoplasty. The second option would the abdominoplasty and Brazilian as a solo procedure with the breast lift As a second procedure. If needed your plastic surgeon could refine the results from the abdominoplasty, liposuction and Brazilian during the second procedure For example if your plastic surgeon did not feel comfortable performing aggressive liposuction with the abdominoplasty more liposuction could be done with the breast lift. The vaginoplasty is a fairly easy procedure and does not take much time. Depending on the extent of the vaginoplasty it could be done in an office setting with local Anastasia I suggest reviewing the different options during an in person consultation.Each plastic surgeon will have different views on not only how many procedures to have it once but what is the best combination if they are to be done a separate procedures.Safety is always first and foremost.Extensive operating room time leads to increased complications.These include potentially life-threatening complications.

another thing to consider is surgeons fatigue.
 Do you really want a surgeon operating who's been going at it for 10 hours? Best,Mats Hagstrom M.D.

Mats Hagstrom, MD