How do I get rid of this and what is it? (Photos)

I got lip injections of restylane and ever since I got them the first time I had this lump but you couldn't see it. I went back for the second time 8 months later to reinject my lips and it's like the bubble is so much worse. What can I do! I love my lips but not the lump! Sorry for my goofy photos! Hope you can see it!

Lip Lumps After Fillers Such as Juvederm or Restylane -- Reverse With Hyaluronidase

Lumps after lip augmentation are fairly common.  You can reverse the lump with a small amount of hyaluronidase. Please seek an expert for treatment. Best, Dr. Emer

Restylane - a white bump on inner lip

Thank you for asking about your Restylane lip injections.
  • Some of the Restylane is settling in the mucosa (inner lining) of the lip.
  • It may at this point be Restylane - or scar around what used to be restylane.
  • It may be possible to massage the lump and flatten the Restylane.
  • Or a small incision can be made to remove the Restylane and/or scar.
  • Or Restylane can be dissolved with a drop of hyaluronic acid.
  • Ask the doctor who treated you to take care of it.
Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

Lump after Juvaderm

That looks like a little bleb of Restylane which can easily be dissolved.  Have them take a look to make sure that it's not a cyst that fills up with Restylane whenever you have an injection.

Gregory Pistone, MD
Cherry Hill Dermatologist

Lump after lip injection

this is very easily taken care of by opening the small area with a scalpel and extracting the lump. hyaluronidase may remove some of the actual lip contour which you don't want

Melvin Elson, MD
Nashville Dermatologist

Lump after Restylane...

Thank you for your question.  Lumps and bumps after filler, particularly in the lips can be common.  Please follow up with your board certified Dermatologist for management with hyaluronidase to sculpt the lump so that it is no longer apparent and your lip contours are smooth.  Likely one injection of hyaluronidase will correct this issue rapidly for you.  Regards, Dr. Matt Elias

Matthew Elias, DO, FAAD
Fort Lauderdale Dermatologic Surgeon