If a person has had Lipo & a Tummy tuck, how long should she wait before having a Breast reduction and lift?

Combination procedures

Thank you for your question. This group of procedures are commonly done together as long as the patient is healthy and within their ideal weight and BMI. If you were to stage them in s phases, you should wait for the second one for as long as you need to recover from the first one. it can take from 3 to 6 months, depending on how fast you recover. Combination procedures are safe and very effective in the right hands.  The surgeon HAS to be an expert in EACH procedure and must have a lot of experience in performing combination procedures and can minimize the operative time. Combination procedures can give powerful results but SAFETY is KEY.  You definitely have to choose your surgeon correctly and make sure that he/she has the training and experience to meet your goals with absolute safety.  Don’t settle for less than a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon with specialized expertise in this procedure.

Recovery time

With the surgery that you described we have our patients delay additional surgery between 6-12 weeks depending upon the patient's recovery. 
Be well
DrBurnett#realself100

How LONG after a Tummy Tuck/Lipo should I wait before having a Breast Reduction?

A Breast Reduction CAN be done at the same time as a Tummy Tuck. After all a "Mommy MakeOver" procedure covers the combination of ANY cosmetic operations done on both the breasts and the trunk to restore a woman to the BEFORE baby appearance.They are separated for various considerations including anticipation of the length of surgery, wishing to hasten recover or medical considerations.In SOME people the breast reduction may be done as soon as the woman has recovered substantially from the Tummy Tuck. This can be as early as a month but the timing of the breast reduction is more of a patient dictated date than a surgeon preference.Speak with your surgeon and together decide what is best for you both.
Dr. Peter A. Aldea
Memphis, TN

Your second surgery can usually be performed once you have healed from your first surgery, normally this is 2 to 3 months.

Thank you for your question. Provided there are no complications from your previous surgery I usually recommend 2-3 months to wait.

Thank you for your question.  It is best to allow your body time to undergo significant healing before pursuing additional surgery, and to ensure that there are no complications from the first procedure.  I would recommend waiting between 6 weeks and 3 months before another operation.  Hope this helps.

Thank you for your question.  In my practice, the earliest that I would do another procedure on the same patient would be at least 3 months after the previous procedure.  This will allow ample amount of time for healing.

Zachary Farris, MD, FACS