I'm 3 months post op. I've developed some pain in my right breast around the nipple. There is a bump there as well.

I didn't upload a pic due to you can see it. I'm not having any changes in softness but it is making my whole boob hurt. It's making it feel sensitive like it was after surgery, like driving down bumpy roads are uncomfortable etc. Guess my question is could this be from my BA or something totally different. My surgeon is over an hour away and I don't want to make that drive if not nessessary.

3 months post op

Any "breast lump" should get proper attention and be investigated by a physician. I would start with your family doctor. If you had a peri-areolar incision, the "lump" may be to a cyst from the sutures, etc. I strongly recommend that you have it looked at.

3 months post op, some advices:

Thanks for the question. Its too early to talk about results.In my practice, after performing a BA I recommend to my patients to limit the movement of the arms for two weeks. After that, you can move your arms taking care and always with common sense. 
In this regard, it's not advisable to carry heavy weights to prevent the implant out of position, and allow the formation of the physiological capsule around the implant, also to avoid pain and breast swelling. Kind regards

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

#breastaugmentation #plasticsurgery #breastimplants

Hello Newtothis2016, congratulations on your recent surgery. Thank you so much for your excellent question!  Without the benefit of an in person exam it's impossible to say for sure. Your concerns are important to discuss directly with your board certified plastic surgeon.  He or she will appreciate the open communication and will want to help you. If you seek out a second opinion look for the following:  *Board Certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery -- The gold star symbol  *A member of the ASPS (American Society of Plastic Surgeons) -- The circle symbol   *A member of the ASAPS (American Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgeons) -- the Queen Nefertitti symbol  Feel free to contact our office, it would be our pleasure to answer your questions in person.  My very best to you, Brian S. Coan, MD, FACS  Care Plastic Surgery

Brian Coan, MD, FACS
Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon

Breast pain with lump

This could be from several sources and a breast US would be needed to determine what is causing the pain.                

Susan Kolb, MD

3 months post op with pain and a bump

Thank you for your question.Anytime you feel significant pain, please do not hesitate to call your plastic surgeon.  It is so important that they have a chance to discuss with you and can recommend the best course of action. Best of luck in your recovery.

Fred Hackney, MD

Breast augmentation

Thank you for your question.You will definitely want to schedule an appointment to see your surgeon so he/she can perform a physical examination and possibly an ultrasound of the breast to see what this bump is and why it is causing you discomfort. 
Best of luck in your recovery.
Sincerely, James Fernau, MD, FACS
Board Certified ENT
Board Certified Plastic Surgery
Member of ASPS, ASAPS, ISAPS, The Rhinoplasty Society, AAFPRS, OTO/HNS, ASLMS, International Federation for Adipose Therapeutics & Science

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Pittsburgh Plastic Surgeon

Thank you for sharing your question and i am sorry to hear of your new breast pain and bump.  Because this is an acute change in your breast augmentation recovery I would recommend seeing your surgeon for an in-person evaluation to diagnose the cause of the pain and offer treatment recommendations.  Only they know the full details of your procedure to be able to give you the best advice.  Best wishes.