How many injections should I get while still keeping it natural? (Photo)

I want full luscious lips. Here is a picture of mine and then a picture of what I want them to look like. I have a plastic surgeon I go to but I would like to know 2nd opinions and how much I need to achieve this look? Also, how long do they last? If I want them to be permanent how many times a year would I have to go to keep them the same size?? Thanks so much!!!!

Lip Augmentation

An in office consultation is the only way to determine how many syringes of product you need to have injected and which product would be best for your face.  From the photos I would estimate that two syringes of Juvederm would be more than adequate to give you the results that you would want.  I personally would inject you with one syringe and then evaluate the results in 10 days time.  Best, Dr. Green

Lip augmentation

Thank you for your question.  Its hard to make an accurate determination about your lips' potential based solely on the first photo.  The proximity of the camera combined with likely small lens crease a fish-eye effect distorting the actual proportions.  Having said that, your lip shape appears quite different than the middle two photos.  It is closer to the celebrity photo at the end.  Underlying lip structure cannot be appreciably changed with fillers.  Narrow, cupid lips cannot be made into long straight lips or the other way around.   Fillers to your lips will enhance and volumize their intrinsic shape.  No amount of filler will make your lips look like the middle two photos.  All the best!

Sirius K. Yoo, MD
San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon