I want to lift my lower face to not look so sad and narrow when I'm not smiling. What are my best options? (photo)

I'm 31 and was told fillers would not lift as much as I wanted it too.

Adorable southern girl

Your photo shows great beauty: excellent symmetry, volume, bony support and only the upper 2/3rds of your face.  Aesthetic surgery is in the cross-hairs of beauty and health.  Collectively, we ponder what constitutes attractiveness but the "standards" continue to morph along with culture, history, fashion, ethnic and regional variances. Much of what is valued pertains to Caucasian, 20-30 year old women and your limited photo demonstrates a relatively high forehead, pretty arched brows, tight orbit, full cheeks and a lovely nose.  The conventional wisdom holds that the lower 1/3rd should be narrower than the bizygomatic (cheek-cheek)distance and taper to the chin point.  PLEASE think twice before seeking surgical options.  The old adage holds: buy in haste, repent in leisure...

You do not need a facelift, leave your face alone.

Your beautiful young lady with a very normal youthful young looking face.   Do not allow a surgeon to scar your lovely young skin.  You will go through significant surgery, discomfort and healing and it up with new scars and no change in your face.

Concerned About Lower Face at Age 31

It is important to understand that facelifts are meant to remove major folds and wrinkles, not fine wrinkles. A facelift which removes every line and fold would be too aggressive and would result in an unnatural result. Fine lines and #wrinkles are better addressed by skin treatments such as chemical peels or microdermabrasion, which we also offer at our office.
Incisions vary depending upon whether the patient is male or female, the hairstyles, hairline, age, previous surgery, and other factors. 

During your #consultation, your skin texture and elasticity, as well as your underlying skin structure and your facial bone structure will be evaluated. Based on this evaluation, your board certified plastic surgeons will create a custom surgical plan, detailing specific techniques and recommendations to meet your goals. In doing so, he or she should be sure to have a full understanding of what results you expect.

However, if you are not a #candidate, your surgeon can make other suggestions to address your concerns and objectives.

Unable to see concern

You appear to have an aesthetically pleasing face and I'm unable to see your concern in your photo. It would be better if you weren't smiling and just a neutral expression for a better assessment. 

Not enough information to give you a good recommendation.

The best evaluation of an aging faces with neutral expression. At 31 it's unlikely you would benefit from a facelift. Fillers may be of benefit but it is impossible to say from the photograph provided.

Facial surgery for looking sad

You are young and beautiful and should not be considering a face lift unless there are changes not visible in the photos you submitted.

Often we look sad because we feel sad - in the photo, your eyes seem sad.
If you feel sad inside, is it possible that you might  feel better, for instance, building a wider network of friends, joining a church or some organization for spiritual nourishment and resolving any troublesome issues with a kind and supportive counselor or therapist? 

If at rest the only problem is that the corners of your mouth turns down, Botox injected into the muscle at the corner of the mouth is very effective. Best wishes.

Not smiling

Well, unfortunately your photo is of you smiling. Therefore there is no way to know what may or may not be best for when you are NOT smiling.

Robert H. Hunsaker, MD

I want to lift my lower face to not look so sad and narrow when I'm not smiling. What are my best options?

I do not see exactly what you are describing in the one posted photo??? Best to re think your requests.....

Facelift not indicated

I would not recommend any form of facelift for you at this time.  Even fillers do not seem to have a role.  You have excellent skin and soft tissue volume.  

Recommendations for the face

Thanks for the picture. It's hard to judge your face while it is animated. Best picture to send would be one where you are totally relaxed. Based on what I'm seeing I would not recommend anything. A different picture may sway my opinion.