Is a full tummy tuck a good option? (Photos)

I had weight loss surgery 2 years ago and lost 90 lbs. My current weight is 180 and I hope to lose 15 more pounds. Will a full tummy tuck w/ muscle repair with lipo to the upper abdomen and flanks address the upper abdomen fullness

Full Tummy Tuck

Yes, you will need a full tummy tuck.  I frequently perform liposuction of flanks, love handles, pubic region at same time as a full tummy tuck.  However I would caution liposuctioning the upper abdomen if it is going to be undermined.  That area will be flattened anyway for 2 reasons.  One is that the muscle plication should extend from Xyphoid to pubis and therefore contribute to flattening the upper abdomen.  Also the skin and fat has to be pulled inferiorly to close  the abdomen once the excess in the lower abdomen is removed further flattening the upper abdomen.

Mobile Plastic Surgeon

Tummy tuck + Lipo candidate, some advices:

Thanks for sharing your concerns with us. In this regard, I'm totally agree with you, therefore i recommend you a Full Tummy Tuck with muscle repair, to get a flat abdomen and weist and back Liposculpture, getting better curves especially in the waist, improving your body contour. Finally, I suggested take the fat we get and transfer to the buttocks and hips, to mold them and get better volume, contour and butt projection, is that we know as "Brazilian Butt Lift" (BBL).Kind regards

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Great Candidate for TT

Hello, thanks for your inquiry and for your pictures. You did an amazing job losing weight. It seems that you are a good candidate for the procedures you are interested in having. Please make sure that you and your surgeon are on the same page. Don't forget to discuss all your concerns, options and expectations thoroughly. Have a safe and pleasant PS Journey!
Respectfully,
Dr. Jaime Campos-Leon

Jaime Campos Leon, MD
Mexico Plastic Surgeon

Tummy tuck

Hello and thank you for your question. Based on your photograph, you are a great candidate for a tummy tuck with liposuction.  This can be done through a low and short incision, all completely below the bikini line.  Your muscles can also be plicated resulting in a flat abdomen.  Make sure you specifically look at before and after pictures of real patients who have had this surgery performed by your surgeon and evaluate their results.  The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD

Tummy tuck

Thank you for your question.  Based on your submitted photos you appear to be an excellent candidate for a full tummy tuck procedure to produce beautiful overall results.  Schedule a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon to be further evaluated, discuss your options, address your goals and work together to create a surgical plan that will best help you achieve your desired look.
With kind regards,
Lane F. Smith, M.D., F.A.A.C.S., F.A.O.H.N.S., F.A.B.F.P.R.S.

Lane Smith, MD

Is a full tummy tuck a good option

n my opinion, the procedures you mention would yield a nice result for you. I do think the upper abdomen will be improved. Having said that, the greater the amount of weight you can lose and maintain off prior to the surgery will yield better results.

Julio Garcia, MD

Tummy tuck candidate

Congratulations on your weight loss, you appear to be a great candidate for a tummy tuck with liposuction to the flanks. You´re doing everything right and getting closer to your ideal weight before surgery is very important to get the best results from your surgery. Tummy tuck is a very powerful technique in the right hands, and can have dramatic results if done correctly.  You definitely have to choose your surgeon correctly and make sure that he/she has the training and experience to meet your goals with absolute safety.  Don’t settle for less than a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon with specialized expertise in this procedure.

Good candidate for tummy tuck following weight loss procedure?

You appear to be an excellent candidate following additional weight loss and stabilization of your weight for an extended full tummy tuck permitting removal of a lot of tummy skin and some of the excess skin around the side of your abdomen.  Thinning of the fat in your upper belly and tightening of the muscles will provide significant improvement and flattening in this area.  Liposuction of the hip rolls can be done simultaneously and a champagne line can even be sculpted above your belly button if you wish. Keep up the good work and do your research before proceeding.  Choose your surgeon carefully from a list of ABPS board-certified plastic surgeons. Regards, Jon A Perlman M.D., FACS
Diplomate, American Board of Plastic Surgery
Member, American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS)
ABC-TV Extreme Makeover Surgeon
Beverly Hills, California

Jon A. Perlman, MD

You are on the right track

Your plan is very good. Lose weight and then have your abdominoplasty and liposuction. You will have good result.

Vasdev Rai, MD

Is a full tummy tuck a good option?

Congratulations on your weight loss! You appear to be a good candidate for an Abdominoplasty with flank liposuction. Seek an experienced Board Certified PS for in person exam