Will breast aug make me look fatter 5'4 150 pounds (photo)

Vectra 3D imaging can be a great tool to virtually “try on” your implants.

One of the most common concerns for women considering breast implants is that they can’t fully visualize what their final results will look like. If possible, I would suggest working with a board-certified plastic surgeon who offers Vectra 3D imaging. This technology allows you to virtually “try on” different implant sizes to give you a much clearer idea of what your breast augmentation results will look like. Best of luck to you.

Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon

Thank you for your question and photo. A variety of factors may indicate that you are a good #candidate for #breast #augmentation. Some of these feelings and/or conditions include:
You feel bothered and/or have low self-esteem that your breasts are too small.
After giving birth, your breasts have become smaller and have lost their firmness.
You notice that clothes that fit well around your hips are too big at the bust line.
You feel self-conscious when wearing a bathing suit or other form-fitting apparel.
A weight loss/fluctuation has changed the shape and size of your breasts.
There is an asymmetry where one of your breasts is noticeably smaller than the other. My suggestion is that you seek face to face #evaluations with three #Board #Certified #Plastic #Surgeons. They can assist you in choosing the best size Implant for your body. Please do not allow cost to determine who you choose. Make sure that for best results, you see #BCPS who specialize in #BA. Best wishes!

Will breast augmentation make me look fatter?

Thank you for your question. A good way to determine which size implant is right for you is to fill a balloon or a bag with a variety of amounts of rice. Then place this in a non-padded bra to see if you like the size. This can give you an approximation of how you would look like and which implant size you might want. The surgeon will usually also be able to see how the size looks during the surgery. It's key to work with a board certified surgeon that you trust! Best of luck!

Breast augmentation

I would suggest using 3D photographic imaging to see what you would look like with a variety of different sized implants.

John Burns, MD

Will breast aug make me look fatter 5'4 150 pounds

Thank you for your question.  While larger breasts can make women appear heavier than they are, appropriately or proportionately sized breast can accentuate natural curves without giving that heavy appearance.  I suggest you consult with a board certified plastic surgeon with whom you feel comfortable and will provide the results you desire.

Breast augmentation

Yes, a breast aug can make you look fatter, but it doesn't always happen that way. You need to be judicious in your sizing. If you get a really big implant you will look fatter. Pick something appropriate for your frame. You could talk to your surgeon about adding a bit of liposuction to the lower abdomen if desired. Be sure you have a board certified plastic surgeon--don't be fooled by that cosmetic surgery board thing. It isn't the same.

Tracy E. McCall, MD
Milwaukee Plastic Surgeon

Fatter?

That is ENTIRELY subjective. They will make your breasts bigger to whatever degree you decide. Just how you interpret that change in terms of "looking fatter" we cannot say. In general, most patients would not describe their change that way.

Robert H. Hunsaker, MD

Thank you for your question and for sharing your photograph.  If chosen appropriately to fit your frame a breast aug will accentuate your figure and not make you appear fatter.  Be sure to see a board certified plastic surgeon who understands your desired goals, they can best help you select the implants that will enhance your appearance.

Effects of breast augmentation on contour

Thanks for sharing your question. I can appreciate your concern.

If anything the breast implants will disguise your tummy making it look smaller. It is a matter of proportions.

Finally, make sure that you have a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon.

Wishing you the best in your journey

Appearance after BA

Hello, a very large augmentation could possibly make a person look heavier overall.   However, a person's ideal proportions are a matter of personal preference.