Am I a good candidate for Tummy Tuck with Lipo to flanks and back?? (photos)

I'm a healthy 32yr old 5'5 177lbs no major health issues seriously interested in having a extended tummy tuck with lipo to my back and flanks. Do you think I would be a good candidate for sx? My stomach looks real firm and bloated in this picture but I can actually pinch at the fat. Do I need to lose additional weight? Also how much does a procedure like this normally cost?

Good Candidate for a Tummy Tuck and Back Lipo?

You have a BMI of 29.45 and appear to have excess asymmetric fat of the lower back and abdominal wall laxity. IF you are done having children, do not smoke and are ready, a well done full Tummy Tuck with Back/flank Liposuction (or a Back Scoop) lipo would produce a nice result in you but not a fantastic result. The Lower the BMI inches to 27 and under, the nicer the surgical outcome. (Look at all you eat/drink every day and eliminate the carb (soda, sugar, starches etc) and you will easily lose another 10-15 pounds).The Liposuction of the back, if done well, would accentuate the scoop of the back, the upper edges of the butt buns, the V zone of divergence between the butt cheeks and the vertical depressions of the spine in the midline and the paraspinal muscles on either side thereby "popping" the butt almost as much as having fat transferred into them.
Dr. Peter A. Aldea
Memphis, TN

Tummy tuck + Lipo candidate, some advices:

Thanks for the question.In this regard, I recommend you a Full Tummy Tuck with muscle repair, to get a flat abdomen and waist and back Liposculpture, getting better curves especially in the waist, improving your body contour. Finally, I suggested take the fat we get and transfer to the buttocks and hips, to mold them and get better volume, contour and butt projection, is that we know as "Brazilian Butt Lift" (BBL).Kind regards,Dr. Emmanuel Mallol.-

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Tummy tuck and lipo

You appear to be an excellent candidate for those procedures.
Costs vary depending on the area of the country and the plastic surgeon.In our area, the procedure would be between $7-9,000 total surgeon, anesthesia, facility, etc.

Christopher W. Chase, MD
Chattanooga Plastic Surgeon

Tummy Tuck + Lipo!

Based on pictures alone, you are an excellent candidate for an abdominoplasty with adjunctive liposuction to her flanks and back. You would also benefit from a rectus plication that will flatten your abdomen and give you better contour.

Kahlil Andrews, MD
Cedar Rapids Plastic Surgeon

Am I a good candidate for Tummy Tuck with Lipo to flanks and back??

Based on your photos, you seem to be an ideal candidate for a tummy tuck with liposuction of the back and flanks. Seek out consultation from board certified plastic surgeons in your area to discuss the options.Good luck

Thank you for your question. Based on the picture TT and liposuction will give optimal results. Please consult with a board certified PS for evaluation.

Tummy tuck!

Hello Mommytuck. Based on your photos and your current BMI of less than 30, I believe you can have a dramatic improvement in your figure with a combination of tummy tuck and liposuction. I see there's excess skin in the abdomen and this won't shrink with just liposuction. There are risks to surgery and you should consider the benefits and risks carefully while consulting with several surgeons in your area. With a full tummy tuck, the skin that lives below the belly button, including all the stretch marks, can be removed leaving a smoother body. The waistline is reduced better with liposuction than with just the tummy tuck and no liposuction. Best wishes always, Dr. Aldo

Aldo Guerra, MD

Tummy tuck and lipo

Thanks for sharing your question. I can appreciate your concern. You will be a good candidate for tummy tuck and lipo of your love handles for a better outcome
Finally, make sure that you have a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon.

Wishing you the best in your journey

I think that tummy tuck with liposuction of the sides and back would yield a nice result.
Kenneth Hughes, MDLos Angeles, CA

Candidate for a TT

Good candidates are patients who are healthy but have EXCESS SKIN OR FAT that does not 
respond to diet and exercise. Patients who have undergone SIGNIFICANT WEIGHT LOSS 
and have hanging skin. Women with loose skin and stretch marks FOLLOWING PREGNANCY. 
Anyone with LOSS OF SKIN ELASTICITY. Patients who are unable to tighten the abdominal
wall with exercise. Or if you have loose or sagging abdominal wall skin; often associated 
with relaxation of the anterior abdominal wall muscles (frequently secondary to multiple
pregnancies). Best Candidates for a #mini-tummy tuck just have mild loose skin in the lower tummy near the pubis region.