Are these tubular breasts? What type of procedure would fix these? (Photo)

I'm 27 with 3 children, who I have nursed but with chronic low supply each time - diagnosed by lactation consultant with Insufficient Glandular Tissue and hypoplasia. Breasts barely fill an A/B cup but I measure a C, so the cups are mostly empty. I want to know what type of procedures I would need to achieve normal looking breasts and I would love to find a doctor near me with experience with my issues!!

Doctor Answers 13

Treatment for tubular breasts

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Yes you do have tuberous breasts. Tuberous breast correction is a very meticulous and specialized procedure and should only be performed by a board-certified plastic surgeon with extensive experience in this area. I prefer using a breast implant in conjunction with a periareolar incision for reconstructive tubular breast surgery as it provides the highest degree of control and accuracy when placing the implant. This surgical technique results in a natural, symmetrical, and full breast appearance. In order to restore a more ideal and rounded breast shape, you may also recommend a breast lift along with the augmentation. Each patient with tuberous breasts is unique, and so is their surgery. I would need to consult with you in person to determine the best tuberous breast correction surgery approach. 

Tuberous breasts

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
Yes, you have tuberous breasts. Schedule a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon in your area to discuss your options. Typically, they involve a breast lift with an implant. 
My best,
Dr. Sheila Nazarian
@drsheilanazarian on Instagram

Yes, you're right

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
Yes, you have tubular breasts.  You are certainly NOT a C cup! The procedure involves an implant under the muscle with a lift to better position your nipples and reshape the breast tissue. Make sure that you go to a surgeon who is experienced with this. An ASAPS member surgeon is a safe bet.  Good luck!

Tuberous breasts?

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
Thank you for your question and photos.  You do demonstrate tuberous breast deformity.  Fortunately, it can be corrected by undergoing a breast augmentation.  Be sure though that you see a board certified plastic surgeon who is an expert in the breast augmentation procedure for tuberous breasts.

All the best,

Dr. Results
Miami, FL

Tuberous breasts best treated with implants and a lift

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
Thank you for your question and photographs. You have tuberous breasts and ptosis. You are a good candidate for implants and a lift. Be sure to see an experienced, board certified plastic surgeon. Please see my web reference which shows a patient with tuberous breasts who had implants and a donut lift. Good luck. 


{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
Yes, you look like you have a tubular component to your breasts, and might benefit from opening the lower pole, an implant, and possible an areola reduction with lift.

Dr Kayser

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
Thank you for your question. You are very correct in what you have described as being tubular breasts. This basically involves an under development of the lower portion of the breast which often presents with a very tight breast fold, breast drooping, and a wider bulging nipple areola complex.

Although simply placing an implant cold be accomplished, this could result in just a larger distorted breast. I do believe that you would benefit from a lollipop type of breast lift which would reduce the areola and reposition your breast to a better more youthful appearance.

Finally, there is another alternative although in your case it might be somewhat limited which would include the use of BRAVA expansion and fat grafting. I have had many patients who have shown a nice improvement with this approach as well. In any case, I would recommend that you have a full consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon who is experienced in these matters. I hope this helps and have a wonderful day. Dr Kayser - Detroit

Tubular breastsand what to do

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
     Your breast shape is consistent with a tuberous breast deformity with lack of tissue(hypoplasia).  The solution would be to add volume through a breast augmentation and to release and redistribute the tuberous tissue through a peri-areolar mastopexy. 

Are these tubular breasts? What type of procedure would fix these?

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
The dx: tubular deformity with hypoplasia, wide set breasts & asymmetry. Usually multiple operations are needed to correct. 

Tuberous Breasts

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
Thank you for your question.  You appear to have a type 2 to type 3 tuberous breast deformity slightly worse on one side.  Correction can be accomplished in one surgery involving an augmentation with release of the lower pole breast tissue and inframammary fold as well as a circumareolar breast lift.  Your shape and volume would both be improved.  Consult with a board certified plastic surgeon in your area who is experienced with this surgery.  Looking at before and after photos will help.  Best wishes!

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.