8 months pre-op, left with a lot of bumps. What is the best, least invasive way to revise my liposuction? (photo)

It looks like too much was taken from under my belly button and now I have a uneven shelf as well as random bumps there. What can I expect for revision? Do I have to have another surgery to just get rid of the lumps or could I do like kybella injections to even it out some? The loose skin part doesn't bother me but the bumps do. I am looking for the least invasive way to correct it.

Lipo revision

a mixture of revision liposuction and likely fat grafting to some areas that are over harvested. Best to find a new surgeon,I do not like to say that, but obviously your first surgeon over resected areas and created these problems and likely won't be able to fix a problem he/she created as they didn't notice it to begin with on the table as they were causing it. 

8 months pre-op, left with a lot of bumps. What is the best, least invasive way to revise my liposuction?

Thank you for sharing your question and photographs and I am sorry to hear your results were not what you anticipated. The best course of action would be to perform small cannula liposuction to help reduce the size of the thicker areas of adipose tissue in and around the thinner parts, while possibly fat grafting into the areas that were over liposuctioned.  Though it would be an off label use of Kybella, the fact that liquid would be dispersed throughout your abdomen makes correction less likely.  Hope this helps.

Revision

You likely need a revision and would have to be evaluated in person.  You might need some lipo and some fat grafting.  

Smoothing Out The Ripples with VASER, ThermiRF, ultrasound, Venus Legacy

I recommend a revision with VASER liposuction, ThermiRF and fat transfer which would give you a smoother result. You can also try coolsculpting/vanquish for further fat removal, exilis/venus legacy for skin tightening, cellutone/z wave to make the skin smooth, remove scar tissue, and smooth out the skin. I recommend getting a formal consultation with a body contouring expert. sometimes skin removal is necessary if there is scar tissue and a consultation is really needed to determine.  Best, Dr. Emer

Liposuction and revision

Correcting the results of poorly done liposuction is difficult and at times not possible.

There is no noninvasive procedure that will give you a satisfactory result with this type of liposuction outcome despite certain providers counting various radio frequency and nonsurgical adjuvant procedures on this forum.

This is especially true if someone has been over treated.

Treatment options either come down to revision liposuction which involves removing more fat.

This option becomes much more limited if too much that was taken out of the first place.

Another option is selective it fat transfer with or without revision liposuction.

Lastly for some converting the procedure to a full abdominal plasty can correct the situation.

While the loose skin may not bother you if you should understand that skin laxity and lumpiness are intertwined.

Patients with tight skin or less prone to getting uneven contours are lumpiness after liposuction. Patients with some skin laxity before the procedure are at higher risk for having skin problems.

I suggest having several in person consultations with board-certified plastic surgeon's will have extensive experience with body contouring.

Usually some improvements or possible but it is very dependent on each individual person and what is left to work with.

Revision liposuction it's much harder than primary liposuction.

Mats Hagstrom M.D.

Mats Hagstrom, MD

Lumps after liposuction

Your liposuction may be irregular because of skin laxity on your lower abdomen. The abdominal skin doesn't tighten up as well after liposuction as the flanks and thighs do. Sometimes we can touch up liposuction under local anesthesia and improve the result, especially if some of it is because of scar tissue from the liposuction. If skin excess is the problem, you may need a mini-abdominoplasty. I am sure your plastic surgeon would be glad to help you with these choices.

Karen Quigley, MD

Abdominoplasty

I think the only way you can get the result that will make you happy is with an abdominoplasty. I rarely suction abdomens because of what happened to you. The skin does not snap back well, and you end up with a lumpy result.

Good luck,

Greg Sexton, MD

Columbia, S.C.

Liposuction - irregular result

Thank you for asking about your liposuction.

• Your result does look uneven although lighting may exaggerate this.
  • Either a touch-up liposuction or Kybella are options.
  • Both are reasonable options to discuss with your surgeon.
  • Also discuss the cost 
  • But Kybella will definitely be the easiest and least invasive way to improve this. 
  • Always consult a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.  Best wishes. Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS