Can my over-corrected eyelid (done in November 2013) be fixed? (photos)

Hello, I had a lift done to my right eye after having a cyst removed because my right eye was significantly smaller than my left. This was in November 2013. I was very unhappy with my results, he overcorrected my eyelid. My question is if its bad that I am waiting until October 2014 to fix due to the fact that I am pregnant. Is there a chance it might not get fixed because I waited too long? Can this be corrected? I am so unhappy with the way I look now.

Doctor Answers 2

This is actually a very complicated situation.

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
I agree with Dr. Taban that waiting was a very good thing.

You need a very experienced oculoplastic surgeon and a very detailed assessment to determine the right thing to do here.  I would first check to see if lifting the left upper eyelid might improve the retracted position of the right upper eyelid.  The relative retraction of the right upper eyelid may represent a compensation for the now very heavy left upper eyelid.  This would be the best possible case because a ptosis procedure on the left side would effectively fix both sides.  I am not sure I would work up the ptosis while you are pregnant because you need a big dose of neosynepherine drops to evaluate the ptosis.  In Ohio, I would recommend Dr Perry at the Cleveland Clinic or Dr Jill Foster in Columbus.  There are others of course and they can be found on the ASOPRS website (American Society for Ophthalmic Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery).

Beverly Hills Oculoplastic Surgeon
4.9 out of 5 stars 26 reviews

Overcorrected eyelid ptosis surgery ?

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
First of all, you did not harm anything by waiting.
Second, it is difficult to tell if the problem is relatively high right upper eyelid (overcorrected) or droopy left upper eyelid.  See an oculoplastic surgeon for evaluation.

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.