I'm 23 years old, female, and I need to know; why is my hair falling out? (Photo)

I'm 23 years old, female and my hair has been balding for about a year now. My scalp feels like it's burning sometimes and I don't know how this started. I went to a dermatologist and he was shocked.. He said I lost over a third of my hair. He took my blood and tested me for alopecia and if I was malnourished. Both came back normal and I'm not sure what else it.. Thyroid issues run in my family but doctors say I'm too young? Please help me figure this out :c

Scalp feels like it's burning

Buring sesnsetion of your scalp make me think that you may have a cicatricial alopecia because of a auto immune disorder...

Female pattern hair loss or genetic alopecia is the most common reason of hair loss in women and it is more common than it is thought to be. 25% of the women at the ages of 35-40, 50% of the women at the ages above 40 suffer from hair loss. 20% of the women with hair loss have a positive relative who suffered/is suffering from hair loss. Other reasons of hair loss are: Hypo- and hyper-tiroidism (hair loss may be one of the early signs of thyroid dysfunction, and hair loss stops after treatment); polycystic ovarian syndrome (an inherited ovarian disease, seen in 10% of the women during adulthood); pregnancy-related hormonal changes (temporary hair loss which can be seen during pregnancy stops after birth)..

The reason of the hair loss may be external factors, connective tissue disorders such as stress, anemia, lupus, medications, hormonal and seasonal changes, nutritional problems, severe diets, bulimia, protein/calorie deficiency, zinc and essential amino-acid deficiency, mal-absorption (intestinal and digestive problems), A-vitamin excess, general anesthesia, affective mood disorders.

Drugs that may cause hair loss in woman 

·         Anti-coagulants such as warfarin and heparin  

·         Epilepsy drugs, especially dilantin

·         Gout drugs, allopurinol and colchicum

·         Antihypertensive drugs, diuretics, beta blockers.... etc

So you have to have a full exam with an hair surgeon, internalist and/or endocrinologist to find out any reason for hair loss.

Turkey Plastic Surgeon

Female #hairloss what could be the cause?

there are many different Causes for hair loss in women. The best thing to do is to see a hair loss specialist to find the cause and then get the proper treatment options.

Michael Meshkin, MD
Newport Beach Hair Restoration Surgeon

Treatment to stop hair loss and a consultation with a hair expert

Hello. I understand how stressful it is to be loosing hair. Specially being such a young female.

I will recommend that you consider a treatment to reduce the speed/stop your hair from thinning. Treatments such as  PRP (Platelet Rich Plasma) is proven to be very effective and will help your hair regain its healthy look and density. Keep in mind that the use of non surgical treatments is to be continued for life in order to be effective and to avoid going back to hair loss or thinning.

A consultation will be ideal to detect the exact problem and look for the best possible solution.

William Yates, MD
Buffalo Grove Hair Restoration Surgeon

I'm 23 years old, female, and I need to know; why is my hair falling out?

Greetings

Thank you for your question this would be a genetic issus from your family that may be common. i would recommed that you do the organic Treatment for hair loss. 

Loss of hair is a natural process when it is between the limits that the body can restore them. When the capacity of the body to restore the hair loss is beaten by the excessive hair loss then we can name this situation something that should be treated. Women started to experience balding even more in the last 2 decades. It is getting more and more common also in women population. However it is also good to know that this problem is also treatable when it is present in women.

To obtain alive hair follicles implanted in higher rates, the latest technique being used is not the only manner, it is also affected by compliance of implantation area that we found a better way to improve as a result of our researches, The Organic Hair Transplantation. By this new and unique Organic Hair Transplantation Technique, before the extraction and implantation processes; we regenerate the implantation area with injection of stem cell enriched fat tissue. Regeneration of cells in target area before FUE transplantation with the support of stromal stem cells results in higher rate of alive thicker hair follicles.

Female hair loss a possibilty

This is a very complex issue which requires a doctor to make the analysis.  See the extensive piece I wrote below

William Rassman, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

Hair loss

To diagnose hair loss, the whole story from A to Z is needed - plus a careful examination of the scalp. Photos alone do not suffice. 

Hair loss can occur at any age, including early 20s.