I have hairline thinning and my doctor recommended Botox

What is the use of botox in hair thinning? how it prevent hair loss? Is the effect permanent because botox is not permanent? Do I have to repeat it forever ?

Botox has not effect on hair growth

Thank you for your question Sundus.89. Botox is a purified protein used to address wrinkles associated with facial expression. Additionally, it can be used for headaches, enlarged glands, and excessive sweating. But Botox has not effect on hair growth. Please follow up with your doctor for clarification. Good luck!

Encino Physician

Botox will not help with thinning hair

There are many products than can help
thinning hair – PRP (platelet-rich plasma), Rogaine, Finesteride, etc. Botox is
not one of them. Please see a hair loss specialist for a second opinion.

Mitchell Chasin, MD
Livingston Physician

Botox

There is no clinical use for botox in helping hairless or thinning of hair.  It is possible that you mixed up botox with PRP?  Please ask your doctor again to make sure he/she was not recommending PRP.

Andre Aboolian, MD

Thank you for your question. Botox does not help with thinning hair. Perhaps consider seeking a consultation at a hair clinic. 

Martin Jugenburg, MD

PRP for hair thinning

Dear subdus.89:

I am wondering if your doctor intended to recommend injecting PRP, which can help many people with hair loss. We generally treat 4 to 6 weeks apart and see responses as early as the second treatment.

Dr.Clark

Sheryl D. Clark, MD

Hair loss -- PRP, Progesterone, Viviscal, Rogaine, Finesteride ; NOT BOTOX

Botox doesn't help hair loss, I suggest you see a hair loss expert to determine the best options for you. Dr. Emer.

Botox and hair thinning

Hair thinning is not impacted at all by Botox. Not sure why your doctor recommended that to you......

Botox to treat thinning hair

Thank you for sharing your question. Botox does not treat hair loss. You might want to consider PRP treatments (platelet rich plasma). Ask your dermatologist for best advice.
Good luck,

Botox and thinning hair

Perhaps you misunderstood your doctor. It might be that your thinning hair makes you a less good candidate for brow lift surgery, and botox is the better option for you when it comes to getting a little rejuvenative lift in that area.

Stacey Folk, MD
Denver Plastic Surgeon

Thank you for your question.  Unfortunately Botox is not used in the treatment of hair thinning but there are options that you can investigate - proscar, finasteride, minoxidil.  Hope this helps