Is my mole removal wound infected? (Photos)

I had a mole shaved off 8 days ago (18NOV2016). I was instructed to apply Bacitracin, USP everyday after a shower, and to apply the adhesive dressing provided to me. After about three or four days, I stopped applying the adhesive dressing because the spots where the adhesives stuck to, developed rashes. I continued to apply the ointment, but the redness and itchiness has spread further.

Time To Call Your Doctor for Treatment

This looks like an allergic reaction. I recommend following up with your Dr. for treatment. See an expert. Best, Dr. Emer

Is my mole removal wound infected?

Thank you for sharing your question and photographs and I am sorry to hear of your healing difficulties.  Based on the pattern, location, and appearance of your surgical site, you look to be experience an allergic reaction or contact dermatitis to the adhesive or bacitracin.  I would recommend seeing your surgeon for an in-person evaluation but it would be wise to wash off the area with a gentle soap and then apply a thick emollient like Aquaphor.  If the redness and spots do not improve quickly, you can try an OTC hydrocortisone cream.  Hope this helps.