I had two large lipomas removed two weeks ago. One from each ankle. They are swollen and very painful. Is this normal? (Photo)

Does this look like normal healing? Skin feels very tight,painful to walk.

Swelling after lipoma excision ankle

I am so sorry you are uncomfortable. Some swelling after surgery is expected, especially in the ankles and feet because they are dependent and fluid tends to accumulate more easily in this location. However your photo suggests possible infection (cellulitis) and a blood blister or ischemia (decreased blood supply) to the skin in the area. Consult your surgeon; you may need antibiotics, needle drainage of the hematoma (blood under the skin) or even reoperation. Good luck and take care.

#Lipoma Removal - Is this normal?

Not necessarily.  It looks like you have excess swelling, with accumulation of blood and/or serous fluid in the wound.  Please contact your surgeon to discuss and, most likely, to be seen in person.  Based on this photo, you may need to have the wound drained.  I hope that this helps and good luck.  Dr. Alan Engler, Member of #RealSelf500

I had two large lipomas removed and now my ankles are swollen and very painful. Is this normal

Thank you for sharing your question and photograph and I am sorry to hear of your recovery issues.  Based on your picture I would strongly recommend presenting to your surgeon's office for an in-person examination. It appears that on the pictured leg that you have a superficial skin infection and blood blister/hematoma that needs treatment.  Hope this helps.