Breast Lift and Implants - Do you get what you pay for?

Is $27k the most expensive lift and augment out there? Hi community, I'm looking at getting a breast lift with augmentation and have been quoted $27k with one of Australia's leading surgeons. I'm scared! That's a LOT of money but I am hoping this would mean I'd get a good job done. But do you really get what you pay for?

Not necessarily…

Higher cost of surgery does not necessarily correlate to better outcomes.  Personally, I know plastic surgeons who charge a lot of money but don't necessarily achieve the best outcomes.  There are many other factors to consider when making your decision. You will find a lot of useful information on this website when it comes to careful selection of plastic surgeon.   Best wishes.

Expensive surgery does not necessarily indicate you will get the best result. Obtain several consultations from board certified surgeons and choose the surgeon with the best results with similar cases and with whom you have a strong sense of trust. Good luck.

Richard Zienowicz, MD
Providence Plastic Surgeon

Expense for breast lift with implants

That does seem very expensive for that procedure.  As stated by others, very experienced surgeons in the states charge about half of that.  I would suggest going to more consults and focusing on before and afters, especially longer term results to be sure you are likely to get the best results from the surgeon you choose.

W. Tracy Hankins, MD

Breast lift and implants: Do you get what you pay for?

Getting more information from several plastic surgeons and looking at their before and after pictures should help you a lot in determining what seems right and reassuring for you. I'm sure that the more you know,  the less scared you will be. Good luck. For more information on this and similar topics, I recommend a plastic surgery Q&A book like "The Scoop On Breasts: A Plastic Surgeon Busts the Myths."

Ted Eisenberg, DO, FACOS
Philadelphia Plastic Surgeon

When you're looking for a cosmetic procedure you find a surgeon that has been certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery.  Choose a board certified plastic surgeon who is highly experience in Brazilian Butt Lifts.  choose one wisely.  Many surgeons, including myself, offer online virtual consultations where you send us your photos and we can estimate the cost. and free Face to face consultation. 

The further down the nipple is in relation to the fold the more the chances are the patient needs a lift.

High profile are taller and narrower implants when compared to moderate profile implants of the same volume.The decision is usually based on the patient breast dimensions, amount of breast that the patient can contribute to the projection and I also factor the patients desires. I try my best to also respect the skin quality and elasticity in order to prevent future drooping due to unnecessarily heavy implants.

over or under muscle doesn't dictate what size implant we can use.  The muscle coverage is helpful in very thin patients and seems to reduce capsular contracture according to some scientific studies. Under the breast tissue is the most natural feel and has a less chance of animation deformity when the pectoralis muscle contracts. In most instances only the top implant is covered by muscle and the reset of the implant ends up under the breast tissue.

Rami Ghurani, MD

Expensive Breast Augmentation and Lift? #breastlift #breastaugmentation

• I would agree with you.  That price quote does seem like the "most expensive" quote I've ever heard of for a breast lift and augmentation
  • We charge our patients easily less than 1/2 of that price quote, and we are experienced, board certified (ASPS) plastic surgeons in Seattle, WA. 
  • Best of luck to you!

Joshua Cooper, MD, FACS