How soon is too soon to have another neck and lower face lift?

I had a neck lift and lower face lift about 8 years ago. Is it too soon to have another? I feel like I need refreshing again. Is it even advisable to do another one?

How much time to wait

Hi Cloe111

Thanks for posting. There is no real reason why you should not be able to have another facelift, subject to medical assessments.

The cosmetic procedure is similar to a mini facelift as it is performed with a short scar that runs in front of the ear, down to the ear lobe and tucked behind the ear. There will be no dressings or drains afterwards. This is performed as a day case, walk in-walk out procedure with minimal bruising and downtime.

If you were happy with the results before, it may be worth seeking out your previous surgeon, to have the procedure done again. Good Luck

Revision time betwen surgereries

There is no limit as to how many surgeries you can have on after 1 year is reasonable to consider another surgery if is indicated so 8 years is fine as long as there is and indication for it.

OK to think of more

After seven to ten years after a lift, patients start looking for further improvement.
The face continues to age after any lift, so looking for more after eight years is normal.

How soon to have revision facelift?

Hi Cloe, typical longevity for facelift is in the range of 8-10 years, depending on individual factors such as skin type and lifestyle.  If you are experiencing relaxation of the face/neck skin, it is very reasonable to return to your surgeon and have another consultation about a possible revision.  In general, revision facelifts are easier technically and the recovery is shorter than the original full facelift.  Best of luck to you!

Tom D. Wang, MD
Portland Facial Plastic Surgeon

Necklift

It is certainly not to soon to consider a secondary neck lift. Techniques have improved since your last one. I suspect you can get a mcuh better result now
good luck

Neck and face Lifting

If you have laxity you may be a candidate to have another lift maybe this one with volume added (like fat) or along with a skin tightening procedure like ultherapy.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Thank you for your question.  The aging process does not stop with a facelift unfortunately.  At 8 years out from your facelift, if you have the indications for a facelift, you may be a candidate for the procedure again.  Please be sure to consult with an experienced plastic surgeon certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery for guidance.  Good luck!

Zachary Farris, MD, FACS

Is 8 Years too Soon to Have another Face Lift?

Everyone ages differently, it is possible to have a refresher after 8 years. Be sure to see a Board Certified Plastic surgeon for an evaluation. Good luck!

Miguel Delgado, MD

Revision

As you continue to age, you will always look better than had you never had the lift.  At 8 to 10 years post op, a refresher could benefit you.

Robert E. Zaworski, MD

I had a neck lift and lower face lift about 8 years ago. Is it too soon to have another?

Hi, I have performed facelifts and neck lifts for over 30 years.  Non smiling photos of your face from the front and side would help in the evaluation.  Time is less of a determining factor.  More importantly, I look for the presence of "jowls". 

Following the beauty principles outlined in my book on face and body beauty, women look the most feminine, youthful and attractive with heart shaped faces.  Heart shaped faces have cheeks that are full and round in the front.  Cheek augmentation with a dermal filler or using cheek implants for a permanent enhancement will create full, round cheeks that will feminize the entire face.

If you have "jowls" this represents sagging facial tissues and an indication for some form of a facelift.  The underlying SMAS layer, of the face, must be dissected, lifted, trimmed and re-sutured (not merely folded or suspended with threads or sutures that will not last).  The excess skin is then removed and the facelift incisions closed.

My most popular facelift is the minimally invasive, short incision facelift that has all the benefits of more invasive facelifts (traditional, mid-face and subperiosteal facelifts) but with these added benefits:

• very small incisions
  • minimal tissue dissection = less bruising and swelling = rapid recovery
  • can be performed in 90 minutes or less, with or without general anesthesia
  • no incisions within the hair = no hair loss
  • excess fat can be removed
  • excess skin removed
  • cheeks, chin and jaw line can be augmented with dermal fillers (I prefer Restylane Lyft) or facial implants
  • most patients fly back home to parts all over the world in as little as 3 days post-op
I shape the face with every facelift that I perform. 

Hope this helps.