How long after Liquid Nitrogen treatment can I have Ultheraphy? (photo)

My Dermatologist treated the place on my lower cheek with Liquid Nitrogen yesterday (July 18, 2016). I am scheduled for Ultheraphy with my Aesthetician on August 23rd, 2016 ( which will be 5 weeks and 2 days). He is doing Ultheraphy on my lower face and neck. Do you feel 5 weeks and 2 days will give the place on my cheek enough time to heal before I have my Ultheraphy treatment or should I move my appointment. Thank You 

Ultherapy after liquid nitrogen

Ultherapy should always be performed on intact skin.  5 weeks after treatment should be sufficient time for the skin to heal before treatment.  I would recommend consulting with your physician who can evaluate the area to ensure it has healed properly before your Ulthera.

Naples Plastic Surgeon

Liquid Nitrogen and Ultherapy

Ultherapy uses a high-intensity focused ultrasound energy to lift and tighten skin. Though the treatment penetrates the most superficial layers of our skin, it should never be performed in areas where you have open sores or lacerations. If you've been treated with liquid nitrogen and the area that was treated is completely healed, it's safe to move forward with an Ultherapy treatment. 2-4 weeks after LN2 should be a safe and effective time to move forward with Ultherapy in the same area. As always, it's best to discuss your specific case in person with the physician who is performing the treatment.

Jennifer Chwalek, MD

Liquid Nitrogen Prior to Ultherapy

As long as the area treated with liquid nitrogen has properly healed, Ultherapy should be able to be performed safely. Best, Dr. Emer

Ultherapy After Liquid Nitrogen

I would certainly make sure that the wound is re-epithelialized prior to Ultherapy treatment.  This decision is best made by an MD as opposed to an aesthetician.  Ultherapy penetrates though the skin to deeper soft tissue layers, but it is mandatory to have an intact skin layer at the time of treatment.  The timing of your procedure should be fine, but it would be better to delay than proceed prematurely. 

Stephen Prendiville, MD
Fort Myers Facial Plastic Surgeon

Ultherapy after Liquid NItrogen

Thank you for your question.  Once you are fully healed from the liquid nitrogen, you can do ultherapy.  Five weeks should be sufficient time.

Sejal Shah, MD

Ultherapy after Liquid Nitrogen...

Thank you for your question.  You should be perfectly fine for Ultherapy a month after LN2 treatment.  If you still have a wound at the 4 week mark, which is unlikely then it would be necessary to postpone the Ulthera treatment a few weeks.  Regards, Dr. Matt Elias

Matthew Elias, DO, FAAD
Fort Lauderdale Dermatologic Surgeon