My hairline is thinning, could I be balding? (Photos)

Hello! I am 23 year old boy. Lately I have noticed that my hair line is becoming bit lighter near the partition of my hair! Can it be baldness? Or any other problem? Kindly answer!

Thinning hairline

It is best to have an in depth consultation with a hair restoration surgeon who can evaluate your scalp and hair, your pattern of loss, and discuss the nonsurgical options that you have available to you.

Chicago Physician

I am looking at your pictures

Your biggest enemy is the progressive thinning leading to a balding pattern that is not evident at this point in time. The degree of thinning that you are experiencing would suggest that you should see a doctor who most likely will get Bulk Measurements of your hair to determine the degree of the thinning that you are presently having. If the diagnosis is early genetic hair loss (the most common cause of hair loss in young men), then the best treatment would be the drug finasteride which is highly effective in men of your age and may not only stop the hair loss but possibly reverse it. If you are developing a more advanced balding pattern the HAIRCHECK test will determine the Bulk Measurements of your hair and put a number on that hair loss (a metric) and this will show, over a one-year time frame, how effective the treatment will be. Once you know this information, then you and your doctor need to develop a MASTER PLAN which will define what you need to do over the years to come.

William Rassman, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon