If someone has complete baldness then how can they get a hair transplant?

I have very less amount of hair in scalp and I want to do hair transplant surgery but I need to know from where I got hair to transplant as I don't have sufficient hair in my scalp.

No Hair

If you have no hair to donate from the back of your head, in general you would not be a candidate for a hair transplant, then. It's possible to take body hair but it usually has a very different texture that would not look good on the head- it is reserved as a filler to pad out normal head hair if it is used at all.

Santa Monica Hair Restoration Surgeon

Hair transplant works only if you have a good donor hair supply. So if you are completely bald without donor hair it does not w

Hair transplant works only if you have a good donor hair supply.  So if you are completely bald without donor hair it does not work.

Jae Pak, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

Completely bald

Are you completely bald on top and have some hair in the back (donor)? Or do you have no hair on your head at all? You could be a candidate for hair restoration surgery if you have some hair in the back, but not a candidate if you have none. Occasionally, we can use body hair for transplant to the scalp. You should have a consultation with a hair restoration surgeon to have your scalp evaluated, and to see if you are a candidate for surgery.

Rae Lynne Kinler, MD
Chicago Physician

Complete balding

The only people who have no hair on their head are those with a disease called alopecia totalis. Most men, retain the wreath around the side and back of their head when they develop advanced balding

William Rassman, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon