Approach involves skin flap & extended incision. In the end, motor function & vascularity is preserved and scar is not perceptible. 1. In which dermal level may undermining take place without disrupting motor function between the upper lip and nose? 2. How is it possible the skin didn't show the incision scar, what techniques are attributable to this? 3. How difficult is it to achieve this good scar outcome?
Lip lift: different approach -Undermining skin, scar, motor function questions.
Botox Price Calculator
What would you like to change?
Enter your info to request custom estimates from three local providers.
These providers will send a more accurate price based on your needs.
Doctor Answers 1
Lip lift - different approach ok?
- The standard lip lift can be done with extended incisions, never disrupts motor function and vascularity (it extends only through the dermis) and the scar is usually imperceptible, at times invisible.
- I do not see the benefit of a skin flap (raising the skin off the muscle beyond the surgical area) unless it is a minor variation developed for self-promotion.
- The need for a skin flap would only arise to close the skin of a very aggressive lip lift -
- In this case, there is a risk of a poor scar.
- I would get a second opinion before having this skin-flap lip lift.
- Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS
These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.