Is aggressive liposuction okay after having a tummy tuck two years ago?

I'm thinking about having a bbl. Two years ago I got a tummy tuck and the top of my stomach has a bulge ans sometimes I pull a muscle in that area. I'm concerned about having aggressive liposuction performed in that area and the possible side effects. Is this normal after a tummy tuck.

Liposuction and tummy tuck and bulge

First, you need to identify why you  have a bulge. Is it a hernia?  If it is just fatty tissue or loose skin or both or muscle weakness? Liposuction may be beneficial for the fatty tissue issue. Hard to say without an exam.

Aggressive Liposuction After Tummy Tuck

I really believe your question can only be answered after a thorough exam.  In general you can have liposuction after tummy tuck.  This is not unusual.

Dr. ES

A Bulge At The Top Of My Abdomen 2 Year After A Tummy Tuck - What Is It And Can This Area Be Liposuctioned?

Obviously, you need to see a Board Certified plastic surgeon in a face to face consultation to get a definitive answer.  However, in my experience, bulges just below the bottom of the sternum usually arise after a tummy tuck because the correction of the rectus diastasis either relaxed at this point or never went up to the bottom of the sternum in the first place.  This is not a condemnation of your previous surgeon because, sometimes, due to a sharp angle that the ribs make with the sternum, it becomes impossible to close the highest 1-2" of rectus diastasis. 

That being said and assuming your consulting plastic surgeon clears you of the potential for a hernia, this area can be suctioned if the incisions are made about 3" on either side of the bulge.  These incisions, usually over the ribs, can also suction any midline fat over your existing rectus diastasis repair. 

What all the above doctor mumbo jumbo means is this area can be suctioned out by a Board Certified plastic surgeon experienced in tummy tucks and liposuction.

I would have to examine you to comment about your concerns.  The bulge may be fat or this may be abdominal wall laxity or hernia among several other entities.

Try to research this to find the surgeon who consistently produces the results you would expect. Look at reviews on this site and see who gets the surgery right every time.

Find a board certified plastic surgeon who performs hundreds of Brazilian buttlifts each year. Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.

Upper Abdominal Bulge After Tummy Tuck. Is This Uncorrected Rectus Diastasis or Fat?

Having an upper abdominal bulge after tummy tuck is one of the undesirable results of failure to correct the rectus diastasis all the way up to the xiphoid (breast bone).  If tightening is done everywhere else, but not completely and well up to the xiphoid, there will be a bulge in the upper abdomen. This is not fat and is not corrected by liposuction as there is a bulge of the abodminal wall.
    If the patient had a lot of at in the abdomen to start with, before the tummy tuck, then removing it at the time of tummy tuck gives a nicer result, but if that was not done, the whole abdomen tends to look thick and not sculpted and not just a localized area or bulge appearance in the upper abdomen.
    If the bulge is due to undercorrected muscle separation, the only treatment is re-operation and doing it over all the way to to the xiphoid.

Robert M. Lowen, MD
Mountain View Plastic Surgeon