What do they use when they do laser hair removal? (Photo)

I went and had laser hair removal done on Saturday and on Sunday I woke up with bumps that are very itchy, very swollen, and very sore. See pictures.

Bumps and itching after LHR

This is more than I have experienced. Sometimes itching and bumps is irritation of the of the hair follicles. Topical steroid creams could help this. Please discuss this with your doctor.

Rash after laser hair removal

You appear to have very fair skin.  Some people, mostly fair skinned folks, can be sensitive to even the mildest 'trauma' to the skin and get what is called a histamine reaction, or hives.  Treatment with cortisone cream is usually effective.  If it doesn't get better quickly, see your doctor for a more thorough evaluation.

Suzan McGary, MD
Williamsport Thoracic Surgeon

Itchy & Uncomfortable after Laser Hair Removal

Every so often, we do see an itchy bumpy rash following laser hair removal. This is usually because of irritation of the hair follicles in the treated area, and this can be easily treated with a mild cortisone preparation. I suggest contacting your Dr. for a topical solution. Best, Dr. Emer