After almost 1 year PO one of my breast has dropped and not my other one. What do I do?

After almost one year after my breast augmentation, my right breast has dropped way more than my left. It is extremely noticeable. My right breast has always been lower than my left, just my anatomy, but I don't understand why the huge difference now after 9 months. I went to see the doctor and he said my implant was just falling into place. Before my breast augmentation, the difference was noticeable but not at all like now. Will it stop dropping and will my left breast ever come down?

1 year post breast augmentation, one breast dropped the other didnt. Is there anything I can do?

I suspect at this point that your breasts have settled and there is not anything other than a revision surgery to correct your asymmetry.  Without photos it's difficult to say but is the higher breast feeling hard? If that is the case, it could be that you are experiencing a capsular contracture.  Go see your surgeon for a follow up and discuss your concerns and ask what options you have to correct the asymmetry.  ac

Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

Right breast falling

The question is whether you may have more encapsulation on one side versus the other.Without examining you it is hard to make this determination.Maybe you may need to have the one nipple elevated a litlle bit.This can be doen in the office under local.

Robert Brueck, MD
Fort Myers Plastic Surgeon

At this point, it is likely that your breast implants have reached their “final position” for the most part. Given the degree of breast asymmetry that you describe, it is possible that you will benefit from revisionary breast surgery. Much of what will be recommended to you will depend on your physical examination. It would be helpful, if you choose, to submit pictures with your next post.

Generally, if a breast implant is “riding high”, it is possible to lower it by “releasing” the breast implant pocket inferiorly. By opening up this pocket, the breast implant can move lower on the patient's chest wall.

On the other hand, if a breast implant is too low on the patient's chest wall, capsulorraphy techniques ( internal suture “repair”) of the breast implant pocket may be helpful in raising the breast implant on the patient's chest wall.

At some point, you may benefit from an in-person consultation with board-certified plastic surgeons who can demonstrate significant experience helping patients with revisionary breast surgery.

I hope this, and the attached link (dedicated to these types of breast implant positioning problems) helps.

Implant Descent

Breast implants after an augmentation can drop at different rates.  At 9 months, most likely there won't be significant changes to the implant position.  If one implant has dropped too little or too much, the problem can usually be fixed with additional surgery.  Most women have breast asymmetry preop so it is important to have a plastic surgeon examine your breasts to make sure surgery is indicated.  

Eugene Kim, MD

Without photos and an examination it is difficult to give an intelligent response other then to say that the problem can be corrected if it doe not resolve on its own and I would seek the opinions of more then one board certifed PS if you are unhappy.

Dr. Corbin

Frederic H. Corbin, MD