How soon after a Tummy-Tuck can I go back to the gym? Can I walk on the treadmill during the healing process?

Exercise after Tummy Tuck

Thank you for your question. It is important to realize that the amount of time it takes for recovery varies greatly among individuals. Depending on the extent of your abdominoplasty and your general physical condition, you may be able to return to non-strenuous work anywhere from one to three weeks after surgery. In many instances, you can resume most of your normal activities, including some form of mild exercise, after a few weeks. You may continue to experience some mild, periodic discomfort and swelling during this time, but such feelings are normal. Best of luck!Dhaval M. Patel Double board certified Plastic surgeon Hoffman Estates BarringtonOakbrook Chicago

Hoffman Estates Plastic Surgeon

Exercise after a tummy tuck

I tell patients to avoid the gym for four weeks post op. I tell them to walk as much as desirable within the first four weeks, however.

How soon to exercise after tummy tuck

In our office, walking is an essential part of the overall recovery. In general, a trip to gym should wait six to eight weeks, but things can be quite dependent on what repairs your surgeon made. Make certain you know his routine and plan for your aftercare.

Returning to Gyn after Tummy Tuck Surgery?

Congratulations on having undergone the tummy tuck procedure. The only resource that you should heed should be your plastic surgeon, who knows exactly what was done, how you are progressing, what you are planning on doing ( in terms of exercise etc.) and is ultimately responsible for your care. Be careful about advice you receive online which may be conflicting/confusing.

How soon after a Tummy-Tuck can I go back to the gym?

These questions should be addressed to your surgeon who knows what was done, and who has followed your recovery. As a rule it takes six weeks for incisions to reach 90% of the ultimate healed strength, and that is a common guideline time for return to activity.

All the best.