After Nasoplasty I Have Dark Spots Under my Eyes. How Can I Permanently Get Rid of Them? (photo)

I had nasoplasty 2 years ago, and afterward had dark areas under both eyes. The plastic surgeon said it was due to iron deposits under the skin and would disappear after a year. Now, after 2 years, the areas are as dark as ever. Is there a way to permanently get rid of the dark areas?

Iron Staining from Bruising

This is known as hemosiderin staining due to bruising.  There are several options which can help reduce the staining.  They can darken with sun exposure and are unlikely to go away.  Q switched lasers or the newer Picosure focused treatment can help lighten the pigmentation in as few as 1 to 2 treatments.  Topical hydroquinone 4% can also help lighten the pigmentation as well as chemical peels. There are many options and you should consult with an experience provider to help you lighten or remove this

Summit Emergency Medicine Physician

Post Nasoplasty

Topical anti-inflammatory treatments are 1st followed by selective paced chemo exfoliation.

Harold A. Lancer, MD
Beverly Hills Dermatologic Surgeon