after a mini lift two weeks ago I had bruising in front of my earlobe and a red lump,

My dr, said it was nothing , just alittle blood broke loose and it would be fine. Now the redness is still there and the skin is flaking, almost feels dead. I go back to my dr. in two days. Should I believe it is just a minor thing?

Healing after mini lifts, modified lifts, facelifts, lite lift

healing after mini lifts, modified lifts, facelifts, lite lift
there is a lot of healing and changes that occur during the first several weeks after surgery,  bruising , swelling  discoloration,  numbness,  lumps and bumps   all need time to settle
your doctor will see you and make sure nothing bad is happening

Mini lift two weeks ago I had bruising in front of my earlobe

Dear speedo, thank you for your question. Minor bleeding or crusting sometimes occurs in the days after surgeyr.  Similary, swelling after a facelift may persists from weeks to months, causing bumps or asymmetries to appear. In San Diego, we monitor our patients closely for one year to address any issues. Follow up with your surgeon to check if this is swelling versus something else and if treatment is indicated. Best of Luck.

Roy A. David, MD
San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon

Bruising post lift

It does not sound like an mergency.It could be soem old blood that will in time go away.Heat and massage may help. 

Robert Brueck, MD
Fort Myers Plastic Surgeon

Emerging wound issues should be reported to your plastic surgeon.

Without a photograph it's impossible to comment. By the description you may have a small hematoma that would benefit from drainage. You should show this to your own plastic surgeon.

Red lump after facelift

Small collections of blood beneath the skin can occur after a lift and usually do not affect the final result. If it becomes hot or tender this could be a sign of infection and your doctor would wan to know right away. I am sure this is something your surgeon can care for and should heal quickly.

Stanley G. Poulos, MD
Greenbrae Plastic Surgeon

Red lump after mini-lift

Thank you for your face lift question.

Without a photo it is hard to be sure, but your description suggests a very small blood clot under the skin, perhaps only a few drops.

It should be improving - the bruising changing colors and fading. It may leave a hard knot for quite a while.
The numbness in the skin is normal after any face lift. Best wishes.

Bruise after mini tuck

Can't evaluate without pictures.....

Ask your surgeon, and don't be too worried since it is unlikely to be a long term problem.

Issues at Two Weeks After Minilift

There is no way to give any kind of meaningful advice without photos and an examination.  If you are concerned about it, call your Surgeon and asked to be seen sooner.

Stephen Prendiville, MD
Fort Myers Facial Plastic Surgeon

After a mini lift two weeks ago I had bruising in front of my earlobe and a red lump,

No photo pated??? If you are posting here on RealSelf than to you it is NOT a minor issue. Return to your operative surgeon for better follow up... 

Bruising

There are a lot of things going on after a facelift. Most problems are very minor in nature and go away with time. The best person to help you with that is your surgeon.