Where does fluid go after being built up in your body? What's the fastest way to get rid of it?

4 days ago I did liposcuplture or liposuction for my gynecomastia I was given local anesthetic about 2 liters, 1 liter in each chest. after the operation my doctor sucked out 1.1 liters of fat in my chest, my chest is filled with fluid apparently, I was draining blood and fluid for 2 days, but now on the 4th day theirs still more fluid, dr said I will be getting 2 sessions of massage per week till 6 weeks, so were and how does this fluid go and whats a faster way to get rid of it??? Thank you

Fluid Build-Up After Male Breast Reduction with Liposuction

A collection of fluid under the skin occurs occasionally during the postoperative period. Aspiration of the fluid with a needle is frequently helpful. Secondary surgery is rarely necessary.

Bruising and #swelling are normal and usually increase slightly after the removal of any tape or foam. The bruising will decrease over 3-4 weeks, but may last as long as 6 weeks. The majority of the swelling will be gone within the first 3-4 weeks. However, it may take 6-9 weeks to disappear completely. 

Also, as you heal, the area may feel “lumpy” and irregular. This, too, decreases with time, and massaging these areas will help soften the scar tissue. The #compression garment helps reduce the swelling, and the longer it is worn, the more quickly you will #heal. It can also assist in the retraction of the skin.

If you have any concerns about #healing, its best to ask questions of your surgeon or their nursing staff.

Fluid after liposuction in gynocomastia

What procedure did you underwent? Only liposuction or the removal of the tough glandular tissues altogether?
Are you wearing any pressure garments after the procedure? the compression garment helps in reduction of swelling as well as it prevents any fluid collections. There should not be "more" fluid after four days of liposuction.

R. K. Mishra, M.Ch, DNB
India Plastic Surgeon