I got the Laser hair removal on my legs couple of days back. I still have some bumps on my legs, and they look like scars and blisters now. Am I at a risk of having them permanently? If not, what can i do to make them heal. Any response at the earliest would be helpful, i am so worried!!!
After Laser Hair Removal - Looks Like Scars, Are They Permanent? (photo)
Doctor Answers 3
Please see your dermatologist
It looks like you have bruising more than anything...perhaps the pulse width on the laser setting was too short. I agree completely with everything Dr. Calkin said.
Treatment of laser hair removal burns
My recommendations for treatment of laser hair removal burns in the skin are as follows:
1. Keep the areas clean by washing with a mild soap twice daily.
2. If there is blistering, relieve the pressure and hasten healing time by gently popping all blisters using a sterile needle or pin at the side of the blister. This should be a painless procedure. Do not remove the roof of the blister but allow it to settle down so it is flush with the skin. The blister roof will then form a protective cover.
3. Apply Aquaphor Healing Ointment (available without a prescription) to all involved areas to keep them "greasy". The greasier the area is, the faster it will heal. The drier and scabbier the area gets, the slower it will heal.
4. Permanent scarring is unlikely but you have to guard against post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation by constant protection from the sun for these areas such as using protective clothing and sunscreens.
5. Make certain you are under a doctor's care and watch for signs of infection so that oral antibiotics can be started as soon as possible if necessary.
Laser Hair Removal and worries about scarring.
You might also like...
These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.