After 2 Kids (Both Breastfed, my Breasts Aren't Perky or Symmetrical Anymore) I Want a Lift and Implants?

I'm in Alabama so any nearby advice would be great. I have always been a DDD but now after two kids I hate my breasts they sag, and they are no longer symetrical, I'd like to know about how much money I am looking at having to spend to love them again, and also who are some good plastic surgeons nearby? Thanks in advance :)

Doctor Answers 4

Surgeon for Breast Augmentation/Lifting

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

The ASPS website is a good starting point to indentify qualified, board certified plastic surgeons. Dr. Sherry Collawn and Dr. Benjamin Johnson in Birmingham are possibilities. Consult with 3 - 4 surgeons to understand your options.

West Palm Beach Plastic Surgeon
4.5 out of 5 stars 56 reviews

Costs will vary for breast surgery

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

from surgeon to surgeon but do not let costs alone dictate whom you see.  As mentioned, it is always safer to find a board certified plastic surgeon (as opposed to cosmetic surgeon) with satisfied patients, ideally your friends or family.  Your surgeon should have a fair revision policy that is clearly defined as your procedure has a considerable risk of needing a revision for best results. 

There are various methods of doing a mastopexy and do your homework on which would work best for you but all involved some rearrangement of your breast tissue to elevate them and provide more upper pole fullness.  An implant may be necessary to give you the best results, depending on what you wish to accomplish and if so, an augmentation can be done safely with a concomitant lift.  Once you find surgeons who will deal with your fairly, then you can perhaps consider the price differences between your choices.  Good luck with achieving the result you desire.

Curtis Wong, MD
Redding Plastic Surgeon
4.8 out of 5 stars 33 reviews

Finding Surgeon for Breast Augmentation/Lifting?

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

It sounds like you may be a good candidate for breast surgery. Ideal patients tend to be patients who are done having children and to have reached a long-term stable weight. Next  step will be finding well experienced board certified plastic surgeons to consult with.

It will be up to you to do your due diligence in the process of plastic surgeon selection. I would suggest starting with the American Society of Plastic Surgery and/or the Aesthetic Society of Plastic Surgery to obtain a list of well experienced board-certified plastic surgeons.

Then, I would suggest you visit a few surgeons whose practices  concentrate on aesthetic surgery. Ask  to see lots of examples of their work and preferably speak/see patients who have had similar procedures done.

Communication with your plastic surgeon will be critical in the process of achieving your goals.  I prefer the use of goal pictures.

Best wishes.

Breast Lift with Implants

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Hi Neighbor!!  I'm not in Alabama, but Atlanta is just a short drive away and it would give us the opportunity to discuss your concerns in detail.  The changes you are reporting are very common after childbirth.  Not only do you lose the firm, perky breasts you had before childbirth, the extra skin makes them droop and hang in a position that is often displeasing to many women.  As you have mentioned, this is often corrected with a breast lift and implants.  There are several types of breast lifts that can be done, but the specific type of lift will depend on your current appearance.  Since there is a lot of variability in the type of surgery, the cost range is very wide for this type of surgery.  The best way for me to give you specific details would be for you to come by for a consultation so we can discuss your specific case in great detail.  I hope this helps and I hope to talk with you soon.

Marcus Crawford, MD
Atlanta Plastic Surgeon

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.