After Getting Breast Augmentation is It Possible to Go Back and Get Areolas Reducted?

Areola reduction

Areolar diameter increases, on average, about 25% after breast augmentation. Areola reduction can be performed after breast augmentation.  Often, it can be performed in an office setting under local anesthesia.  You should discuss your options with your surgeon.  

Philadelphia Plastic Surgeon

Areolar reduction

If the areola are large after a breast augmentation then it is possible to have them reduced.  This can usually be done under local anesthesia.  

Areola reduced after breast augmentation

There would be no contra indication to having this done. I agree with the other responses, that doing it at a second stage would be preferable for many reasons. It should be a relatively simple procedure that could be done under local anaesthetic in an office setting. All the best   Richard Bloom Plastic Surgeron Board Chairman Plastic Surgery   Melbourne, Australia  

Yes It Is Possible To Reduce Your Areolae After BA In Fact It Is Better Done Later

I have many times reduced the areolar diameter in my patients after breast augmentation rather than at the same time, and in fact, it is better. To reduce the areolae at the time of BA not only puts extra stretch on the reduced areolae, may complicate healing and blood supply, but is also unpredictable in terms of stretching and size. To do it at a later stage allows this to be done as a local anesthetic, often in office procedure and since the swelling is gone and your size and shape is stabilized, it can be much more predictable.

James Romano, MD

Areola Reduction After Augmentation

Yes, you may have your areolas' reduced after augmentation. Having augmentation etc...doesn't preclude you from having another procedure done on the breasts.

Jeffrey Hartog, MD

It is certainly possible to do an areolar reduction as a secondary procedure especially if the only goal is to reduce the areola size. If you actually need a breast lift, the periareolar lifts only work for cases needing mild lifting.

Areola Reduction

Areola Reduction is a quick procedure that can be done any time after your first surgery has settled .

Best wishes 

Katherine Feliz Camilo, MD

Reduction of the diameter of the areola after breast augmentation requires mastopexy.

The areola can be reduced with or without a breast augmentation but this demands a mastopexy. I would be wary about buying into a periareolar or doughnut mastopexy.

Areola Reduction

The quick answer to your question is yes.  You can go back for a areolar reduction.  Please see a board certified plastic surgeon to an evaluation.