After Getting a Brazilian Buttlift Can You Do Regular Exercise?

Say that you are completely healed and a year has passed from the getting the Brazilian Buttlift, can you go back to doing regular exercise (i.e. cardio, squats, etc...) or would you have to stay on a special exercise regimen? If you do decide to lose more weight or get toned, will you lose the fat in your butt?

Brazilian butt lift and exercise

Brazilian butt lift is a liposuction fat injection. Which are doing with this procedure is changing storage locations for fat. You're taking all the unwanted storage locations from the abdomen back flank and putting them in the buttocks. So now the buttocks becomes the 1st place where you gain weight in the last place where you lose weight.

Once you've healed from your surgery the fat cells in the buttocks will act like fat cells in any other part of the body. Because now your buttocks is your primary storage location when you exercise you will lose weight from other parts the body before you lose weight from the buttocks. So any exercise you know better and even more curvy. Exercise is good and will only make you look better.

Exercise..... After the Brazilian Butt Lift???

Regarding the Brazilian Butt Lift procedure, you will be told many different recommendations on a site like this.  This procedure is relatively new. Being new, there are still many things that we don't know about it. There are many different opinions as well presumptions.  

I have performed this procedure for about 14 years on hundreds of patients.  I have seen patients of mine up to about 10 years after this procedure all of whom looked as good as they did at about 3 months after surgery.  However, since Brazilian Butt Lift patients usually obtain such a dramatic enhancement of their buttocks and overall body shape, most of them do not feel the need to target their gluts for intensive exercise.  So, I'm not really sure what this will do to the portion of fat cells that are injected into the muscle.  The other fat cells should be fine.

After Getting a Brazilian Buttlift Can You Do Regular Exercise

You can resume all activities by 6 weeks post op.  Once you are healed, the fat that has been transferred will respond just like fat anywhere else- with weight gain, you will get larger, and with weight loss you will get smaller. Good luck!

Amy T. Bandy, DO, FACS
Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

Absolutely, regular exercise is key to a healthy and beautiful body.

The fat has been transferred to the buttocks, will act like any other fat in the body. If you lose or gain a significant amount of weight it will change in size and the size of the buttocks may change.

Given this fact, when considering body contouring surgery, it's often best to have the procedure when you are at your goal weight. This will give you the best opportunity to have beautiful and long-lasting results.

Exercise after a Brazilian Butt Lift

This is a very common question that most of my patients who are interested in having a Brazilian Butt Lift (BBL) procedure ask at the time of their consultation.  Beginning about 6-8 weeks after a BBL procedure, I allow my patients to resume all normal physical activities, including working out and heavy lifting.  By time time, the fat that has been introduced to the buttocks will act in unison with the rest of the fat in a patients body and should respond proportionally to any fluctuations in weight that can result from diet and/or exercise.  What this means is that any weight loss or gain should happen uniformly between the buttocks and the rest of the body.  I recommend that my patients resume squats, lunges and other gluteal enhancing exercises once it is safe and I have cleared them to do so.  

If you have already had a BBL procedure, I would recommend following up with your operating surgeon to discuss their specific post-operative protocols, since each surgeon has their own recommendations and restrictions.  If you have not had a BBL procedure as of yet but are interested in having one, I would recommend consulting with a board-certified plastic surgeon who specializes in Brazilian Butt Lifts to see whether or not you are a candidate and to discuss your goals and expectations of the procedure.  I hope that you find this helpful and best of luck!

After Getting a Brazilian Butt lift Can I Do Regular Exercise?

The Brazilian Butt Lift utilizes your own natural fat for the augmentation. One of the keys of the fat transfer is that it is incorporated and becomes your fat just in a better place!

I always tell patients that the fat will act just like fat in any other parts of your body, if you gain weight your butt will get bigger if you lose weight your butt will probably get smaller. However with that said I would encourage you to do butt workout or any type of structured exercise.

Typically patients that take care of their body and specifically do exercises focused on the buttock tend to enhance their results. These workouts will build your gluteal muscles and thus enhance your natural results.

I hope this helps, be sure to discuss this with your board certified plastic surgeon.

Exercise After A Brazilian Butt Lift

Thank you for your question! Exercise is the best way to keep your new body fit and maintain long lasting results!  Just like normal fat cells they either grow or shrink, so gaining weight will make your buttocks bigger and loosing weight will make it smaller.

Dr Dhaval Patel
Double Board Certified 
Plastic Surgeon
Chicago 
Hoffman Estates 
Oakbrook

Dhaval M. Patel, MD
Hoffman Estates Plastic Surgeon

No restrictions

Yes. There are absolutely no restrictions on what you can do after you've fully recovered. If you lose weight, however, you won't be able to control where it's coming off from your body, so you might notice a decrease in your butt size. However the weight loss should be proportionate, so you'll also be losing from your waist and stomach.

Ronald Levine, MD

One Year Post-Op: Normal Exercise Is Appropriate

It’s not unusual for patients to be eager to resume normal exercise routines following Brazilian butt lift surgery.It’s also not unusual for them to be concerned about how exercise will affect the results of this procedure.
In most cases we recommend that patients avoid strenuous activity for at least eight weeks following surgery.Exercise can impact the results of Brazilian butt lift surgery in two significant ways.In some cases, exercise can lead to enlargement of the buttock muscles.This can have a positive effect by improving the contour and muscle tone of the buttock area.In other cases, exercise can result in generalized weight loss.This weight loss is typically proportionate to the weight loss in the surrounding areas.This will ultimately have minimal impact on the contour and aesthetics of the buttock area.
It’s appropriate for someone who’s one year post-op to resume their normal exercise routine.If you have concerns about the impact of exercise on your Brazilian butt lift surgery it’s important to consult your plastic surgeon.Your surgeon should be able to discuss exercise and Brazilian butt lift surgery and alleviate your concerns.

You should be able to resume normal activities 6-8 weeks after your surgery. Your transferred fat will act in fashion and unison with the rest of your body. As you lose or gain weight your buttocks will do the same - but it will do so uniformly. Meaning the relationship your buttocks has with the rest of your body will remain the same.

My recommendation is that you find an ASPS board certified surgeon in your area who specializes in the BBL, and set up an in person consult. An in person consult with an an ASPS board certified surgeon is the only way to determine the best route for your body and your goals.