How Do I Lower the Corner of my Eye After a Bad Blepharoplasty Experience?

After Bad Blephoroplasty when I Laugh, Inner Corner Narrows, Outer Corner "Flies" Up, Strange Expression.

To weigh down eye- lower brow+ botox or fillers?

Doctor Answers 5

BOTOX, fillers, and further surgery are all options

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

BOTOX, fillers, and further surgery are all options. If you have a strange expression due to movement, BOTOX is something to consider. Sometimes filler can also be used to lift the lid and reshape it slightly. And, filler is good for treating a hollow area causing a fold to happen when you smile.

New York Oculoplastic Surgeon
4.7 out of 5 stars 68 reviews

Change in eyelid shape with motion after blepharoplasty

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

You will need an examination to determine your possibilities of using botox or fillers.  Time may help and depending on how far out your are, it can improve over 18 months.  Massaging the area, if it is strong enough and your sugeon approves this, can help soften the tissue and make the skin move more naturally.

Ronald Shelton, MD
Manhattan Dermatologic Surgeon
4.9 out of 5 stars 39 reviews

Complications from a Blepharoplasty

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

It is very difficult to assess your problem without photographs. It can take up to six months in some cases to see the final results of a blepharoplasty. I would address your concerns with your surgeon. If he or she is not able to address your problem satisfactorily, it would be a good idea to see an Oculoplastic Surgeon for a second opinion.

David Schlessinger, MD
Long Island Oculoplastic Surgeon
4.8 out of 5 stars 18 reviews

Eye corners after blepharoplasty

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Photos would be helpful in evaluating your problem.  But - If you are not happy with the corners of your eyes after blepharoplasty you should consult with an oculoplastic surgeon - someone who specializes in plastic surgery around your eyes to determine what can be done to improve the appearance and correct the things that bother you about the corners of your eyes.

Keshini Parbhu, MD
Orlando Oculoplastic Surgeon

What to do about eye corner position after bad blepharoplasty

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Two photos would be helpful, one with your face at rest and one smiling.  That would help to determine what if anything can be done.

I recommend consulting with a board-certified plastic surgeon with training and experience in eyelid surgery.

Emily Altman, MD
Short Hills Dermatologic Surgeon

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.