African American Rhinoplasty to fix crooked nostrils and bulbous tip? (Photos)

Is there a way a doctor could 1) make my tip less bulbous 2) make my nostrils symmetrical (they make me face look completely crooked I feel!) and 3) point my nostrils slightly more downward? Without using implants. I don't like the idea of something like silicone in my nose.

African American Rhinoplasty

Certainly your nose can be improved and enhanced by rhinoplasty using an experienced and board certified plastic surgeon. There are numerous procedures to straighten, refine and enhance the appearance of your nose. from the photos, it appears that your goals are realistic. First step is to schedule a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon who performs ethnic rhinoplasty on a consistent basis. Ensure all your questions are answered, you are happy with the many before and after photos and that you have good report and confidence in the surgeon that you ultimately choose. Wish you great luck in your endeavor. Dr Sam Gershenbaum

Aventura Plastic Surgeon

Thank you for your question. A rhinoplasty is one of the most frequently performed facial plastic surgical procedures. Rhinoplasty is intended to contour the nose by addressing symmetry and tip shape. I suggest that you move forward to consult with a board certified facial plastic surgeon.

Ross A. Clevens, MD
Melbourne Facial Plastic Surgeon

African American Rhinoplasty

Bulbous tips can be refined and nasal dorsums can be augment with cartilage grafts taken from the septum, ear or rib. Nostrils can also be narrowed but to make them more symmetric may not possible. All noses have some asymmetry which is considered normal.

Dr. S.

Oleh Slupchynskyj, MD, FACS

Open rhinoplasty candidate, some advices:

Thank you very much for the questions.

The harmony between facial parts makes us instinctively recognize the beauty... without knowing it, without defining it, just a perception that surprises and captivates us.

In this regard, After having analyzed all the info. and photos provided to us, i recommend you perform an Open Full Rhinoplasty, includding narrowing of the nasal base and nostrils, with nasal bones treatment (controled fracture) and alar + triangular nasal cartilages re-shaping.
With this procedure you get a delicate nose, better harmonize with your other facial features.

Kind regards

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD