Can you advise me the best fillers to use for fairly deep lines?

I have had fillers before, but I don't know which ones they were. I am 58 yrs old with deep lines. I am considering a vampire facelift with belotaro filler rather than the botox and normal fillers I get. can you advise me if this is a better result option or if I should stick with my (Allergan regular fillar and botox on my forehead. I need to get the best results

Best fillers for deep lines

For deep lines, Perlane®, Juvederm UP XC® or Juvederm Voluma® are the best. You will have to go see a board-certified doctor to decide which one is the best for you.

Miami Dermatologist

Filling lines or correcting the cause of the lines?

Lines and wrinkles on the face are mostly symptoms of volume loss. The natural loss of fat, collagen, muscle or bone - or a combination - alters the support of the skin envelope. That allows sagging and wrinkling. 

Simply "chasing the line" is usually not the best solution. Replacing volume in the areas that are deficient can restore both the fullness you had when you were younger and also help alleviate the lines and wrinkles. Remaining wrinkling can be addressed at that point.

Sculptra is still the most capable product for restoring age-related volume loss as it induces new collagen production. There is a new volumizing filler, Voluma, that is great for the cheekbone area and the chin.

Belotero will make a good finishing touch for fine lines.

Rebecca Fitzgerald, MD

Filler Treatment

It’s difficult to say without a picture, but I like to inject Belotero into the forehead and upper lip lines. If the deep lines you are talking about are in between the brows only then I like to inject Juvederm. Botox and fillers are a good combination treatment that will address both the movement of the muscles and the depressed lines. Consult with your Board Certified Dermatologist to see what treatment is best for you.

Nissan Pilest, MD
Irvine Dermatologic Surgeon

Deep lines to fill

Deep lines to fill usually require a combination of fillers to restore lost volume.  Injecting Restylane or Juvederm will give you an immediate filling in areas such as your nasolabial area.  Sculptra is ideal if you are trying to replace lost volume in the mid-face and temples.  Belotero is a fine hyaluronic acid filler.  It is idea for fine lines such as around the mouth and for the under eye area.

Volumizers for Deep Lines

I have not assessed your face, therefore I do not know where your volume deficiencies are located.  I will assume, you have deflation of volume in your midface, cheeks, tear trough areas, with increase in the nasolabial fold and marionette lines (corners of mouth).  Many people in their late 50's may also visualize jowls.  Honestly, these symptoms may occur in late 40's to the 70's.  Every person ages differently depending on their genetics, area for which they live, nutritional status, stress and overall health.
Belotero is a thin hyaluronic acid used in the superficial tissue to fill fine lines.  This product would not be used to correct deep folds or lines.  Usually, a thicker, more cohesive product is injected deeper in the dermis or directly on the bone for volume.  One may then layer products and treat superficial with a product such as Belotero.  This will give a beautiful result.  Voluma is a product recently marketed by Allergan.  It is a hyaluronic acid such as Juvederm, Belotero, Restylane and Perlane but, it is the first FDA approved product recommended for mid facial volume loss.  Studies show that Voluma remains up to two years after optimal improvement has been met.  I would also continue the Botox, as you have in the past.
If I can be of further assistance, please contact my office.  I will be glad to help you.

Nana N. Mizuguchi, MD, FACS