Can I Have Some Advice on What to Do and What Payment Options I Have? (photo)

40yrs male, smoke lightly on and off for the past 12yrs due to stress. Had infected gum since 2004 but no action taken. Teeth #25 fail in '08, #29 in '10 and #31 last week. #30 is very loose and #1, 2, 15, 16, 18 and 19 all seems infected too. I'm scared and don't know what to do. Don't have dental insurance nor the money to visit a dentist much less a periodontist. I spit blood regularly and have very bad pains when ever my gum gets swollen. BC powder helps to relief the pain but not 4 long.

Doctor Answers 3

Snap on Dentures

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

you can also have Snap on Dentures placed, those are Mini Dental Implant retained Dentures, remember you will have to extract those teeth. That can definitely be a good option for you, however, some perio treatment would have to be done first, and also just keep in mind that smoking highers a bit the risk of losing those mini dental implants. even when I have had some patients that has been smoking with mini implants or regular dental implants, I must tell that I do not recommend smoking in any way.

Options for periodontal disease but no money no insurance

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

From the photos you have given us you have advanced periodontal disease, the only way to deal with it would be to treat it or have all the teeth extracted and dentures placed.  I would also recommend that you stop smoking.

Leonard Tau, DMD
Philadelphia Dentist
5.0 out of 5 stars 3 reviews

Poor Perio, No Insurance & No Money

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Sounds to me like your only option is to have your periodontally involved teeth extracted and a set of dentures made. Obviously, the more ideal option would be to treat the periodontal disease and to stop smoking.

Jay Neuhaus, DDS
New York Dentist

You might also like...

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.