Slim Lipo vs Nutational Infrasonic Liposculpting?

What Are the Advantages of Slim Lipo Versus Nutational Infrasonic Liposculpting? Both systems seem very similar with one using laser energy versus acoustic energy. Which one is less traumatic with better results?

Liposuction choices

I agree with Dr. Rand. There are so many marketing gimmicks that want you to  believe that THEIR method of liposuction is better, uses, smaller cannulas, and has less bruising.  I would advise you to focus on the results rather than the name of a particular technique.  Interview your plastic surgeon, review their before and afters carefully and trust that they are getting excellent results with whatever method they feel gives them the best results. Otherwise you are just listening to marketing...slim lipo, smart lipo, tickle lipo, vaser lipo, ultrasound lipo, cool lipo.  The surgeon is the most important part of the equation in any of those.

Santa Rosa Plastic Surgeon

The lipo technology isn't as important as the surgeon

The training, talent, and artistry of the surgeon FAR OUTWEIGH any technological differences in lipo equipment. Hands down.  

You are focusing on the wrong thing.  What you need is an excellent plastic surgeon and an honest appraisal of how good a candidate you are (its all about skin elasticity).  If you are not a great candidate there is no surgeon and no technology that can gve a great result to you.

Best Liposuction Technique?

I think you would be better served spending the same time/energy researching surgeons rather than specific liposuction technology. In my experience, it is usually the undertrained/ qualified physician who is most heavily marketing the “latest/greatest miracle technology”.

The experience and skill level of your surgeon will far outweigh the tool used when it comes to your surgical results.

-- Hello dear, thanks for your question and provided information as well.. This is the surgical procedure that revolutionized cosmetic surgery becoming one of the most performed cosmetic procedures. Subcutaneous tissue or fat is removed in order to contour the body in a way that is harmonious and pleasing to the senses. It can be performed in almost all regions of the body such as the neck, chin, abdomen, back, buttocks, thighs, arms and ankles. Usually done through a small incision in the skin through which a cannula connected to a vacuum is applied, it can be performed alone or in combination with other procedures. After liposuction your body is going to be really swollen for at least 2 to 4 months after your surgery. It is important for you to wear your compression garment for at least 6 months, the first 3 months 24/7 and then the last 3 months at least 12 hours per day for your body get use to not having the faja for so many time. When you remove it, your body can get swollen and also you can have pain. Remember to also compress your body to prevent a seroma which is an accumulation of liquid that has to be drained, it is hard to touch and also really painful. Bruises are completely normal for almost 3 months from surgery, that’s why is better for you to use a bruising cream and apply it all over your body 3 times a day. To prevent bad circulation and swollen legs, use compression socks. Brazilian butt lift can be performed with the same procedure and for a month it will be swollen and it will drop a little bit without losing it’s shape if you use your garment.. If you’re going to perform liposuction on your inner, outer, anterior, lateral, postetior thighs, be careful and consult with your surgeon what’s best for you, sometimes we have more extra skin than fat, that can cause severe sagginess on our legs, which can be only be reversed performing a thigh lift!

Tania Medina de Garcia, MD

I have been performing liposuction/liposculpture for over 20 years with regular manual technique and also have a power equipment liposuction which I rarely use. The results are more predictable with less chance of complications and more control with old fashion technique. Simply put it, gimmick sells and that is what we see every several months or so, a new mechine come to market with fancy name and no scientific studies to back up their claims.

Mohsen Tavoussi, MD, DO

All laser systems for liposuction produce good results when performed by experienced cosmetic surgeons

All laser systems for liposuction produce good results when performed by experienced cosmetic surgeon. It is the surgeon who creates a good result, not a machine.

Edward Lack, MD
Chicago Dermatologist

I could not agree more with the other doctors who answered your question. All these devices only benefit the manufacturers. you don't need to burn the fat before removing it. Liposuction is a simple ingenious procedure where small lobule of hat get pulled in the hole of the cannula and with the movement of the cannula they get detached and removed. The nerves and blood vessels are preserved. this is the least traumatic procedure where there is no burning of tissues. If one uses a smaller cannula this can be done very precisely with beautiful results.There are many factors that influence the successful result. The most important is the patient selection. Next is the skill of the surgeon. The laser or ultrasonic energy has noting to do with the success rate.