Advantage of Dysport over BOTOX?

It sounds like it might last a little longer? Is it possible that folks who have built up a resistance to Botox might experience relief from Dysport?

Dysport will last longer than Botox

Having injected over 1500 patients with Dysport over the past 5 years (I performed the clinical trials for this medication in the US), I can say that it lasts longer than Botox. I have patients who have tried both and love the Dysport and had remarkable results with it.

The drawback of Dysport is going to be that it acts a little more finicky than Botox and, for that reason, it may cause problems in untrained hands. This means that it is probably best to go to someone who either has good experience (not a medispa or someone who is just 'learning' to do these procedures).

Additionally, it may be that some patients use both Dysport and Botox to get the best results. Where Dysport is going to rock is the upper forehead area. I think it will take care of those pesky wrinkles on the upper forehead that didn't get treated with Botox.

It appears it will finally be available in late June or mid July, so we will have an option that is quicker onset, longer time of activity and hopefully less expensive. Yea!

Omaha Dermatologic Surgeon

Advantage of Dysport over Botox?

For all practical purposes, in 2014, there is not much difference that will be seen in most cases between any of the toxins — but doctors and injectors will usually have their preferences of one over the other two that are available. What we do know from the clinical studies is that Dysport might act in 2 days rather than the 3 days that Botox usually takes to start working. In some studies, Dysport “spread” a little more, which may be good and may not be in some instances. Studies comparing the two are hard — they are always company sponsored so whichever company sponsors, that product usually does better — and that makes sense.

To me the most important thing is to make sure the injector is skilled. This means the best of the best are board-certified dermatologists and plastic surgeons and their teams who know more about the anatomy and how to use these products as compared to anyone else out there — this is the most important thing you can do to assure quality and the best injection experience.

Michael Gold, MD
Nashville Dermatologic Surgeon

Dysport: Advantages of Quick Onset

Both Botox and Dysport are made with botulinum toxin type A proteins and work in a similar fashion. The Dysport® protein is slightly smaller allowing it to work more quickly; 2-3 days after treatment. For people wanting to look good for an event, trip, etc. with short notice, Dysport® might be a better option since results can be seen faster than with Botox®.

#Dysportworksquicker   #Dysporttreatswrinkles   #DysportoverBotox

Advantage of Dysport over Botox.

The FDA trials show very similar efficacy rates and length of treatment duration.  The main difference is the onset of action is quicker than Botox.

Benjamin Bassichis, MD, FACS
Dallas Facial Plastic Surgeon

Botox vs Dysport; Coke vs Pepsi

Both FDA approved botulinum toxins work well for dynamic wrinkles. The longevity of one vs the other depends on the dilution a cosmetic surgeon is using. Dysport may diffuse slightly more than Botox and would be a great consideration for crows feet or excessive sweating whereas Botox may allow for more precision which may be desirable for 11's between eyebrows. It's really a Coke vs Pepsi comparison.

William Ting, MD
Bay Area Dermatologic Surgeon

Pros of Dysport

Dysport is very similar to Botox.  The pros include a faster onset (1-3 days) versus (5 days to 14 days) for Botox. Dysport has a higher diffusion rate, which means it spreads out more.  The units needed for Botox and Dysport are not comparable.  Dysport may last a little longer than Botox.  I use both products and have happy patients who have received both Dysport and Botox.

Mandy Lynn Warthan, MD
Dallas Dermatologist

Advantages of Dysport over Botox

Dysport is a close relative of Botox that may now be used in the United States. Some advantages to Dysport are a faster onset of action and that it may last a little bit longer than Botox. The amount of Dysport used is somewhat different than the amount of Botox used for the same area. For a great result, work with a board-certified plastic surgeon who will be able to advise you on the amount necessary for the area you are concerned with.

Dysport or Reloxin

As of last week, Reloxin (Dysport) is scheduled to become available in my area (Newport Beach, CA) by July 2009. The only hold up will be in Customs for the actual release date.

I am hopeful the cost of Dysport to my patients will be lower that that of Botox -- actual release price coming soon.

Effect of both Reloxin and Botox appear similar so far. More answers will be gained with extended use.

David L. J. Wardle, MD
Ottawa Plastic Surgeon

Botox and Dysport will be similar

From what I am hearing from those doing the clinical research, I doubt there will much difference in longevity between Dysport and BOTOX.

There had been rumors that Dysport was more likely to diffuse further from the point of injection, but I do not think this has been proven true in the clinical studies done.

S. Randolph Waldman, MD
Lexington Facial Plastic Surgeon

Botox vs Dysport

This is a great questions. Both products very safely and effectively soften fine lines and wrinkles. Some believe that Dysport provides a softer more natural look. Its onset is 2 days vs 5-7 days for Botox. In my experience, both products last the same amount of time. Patients should discuss their desired outcome with their provider and therefore may choose one over the other. You should at least try both to see which you prefer. It is really a Coke vs Pepsi comparison, some people are going to like one over the other for different reasons.