Adult Protruding Forehead Reduction

I'm a 26yr old guy. As a child I believe I suffered from Craniosynostosis and it was never corrected. I have a large protruding forehead and I would like to have it corrected. Is it possible to have the frontal bone removed and reshaped. And also if I do get a diagnosis of Craniosynostosis can insurance still cover the procedure. I really need to get this corrected. I want to know what procedure if any are available to treat my condition.

Doctor Answers 1

Excessively prominent forehead

There are numerous potential approaches that are available for management ranging from simple burring to more extensivie craniofacial procedures. Discuss these with a qualified craniofacial surgeon.

Chicago Plastic Surgeon
4.9 out of 5 stars 81 reviews

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.