Can Juvederm be administered to create a more angular/defined jawline and bring out a receding chin?

Yes, Juvéderm can be used to further define your jawline

Yes, Juvéderm and other injectable fillers can achieve a more defined jawline. To produce the best results, the most important thing is to choose an experienced, Board-certified doctor who can tell you which product would best meet your needs.

Toronto Facial Plastic Surgeon

Juvederm to define the Jawline

Juvederm can be used to define the jawline by both adding filler along the mandibular angle and chin.  It is important to seek consultation with a surgeon who does both filler and chin and jaw implants so that you can help determine what course is best for your long term aesthetic.  

Anil R. Shah, MD
Chicago Facial Plastic Surgeon

Juvederm versus other options for defining the jawline

Yes, juvederm can be used, although I have found that both Sculptra or Radiesse are better at defining a jaw line and chin.

Another option you may want to explore are chin and jaw implants. These can be easily placed through incisions made in the mouth. 

Best of luck.

- Dr. Bryson Richards

Fillers for defining jawline and chin

The short answer is yes. Juvederm or one of the other hyaluronic gels is a good choice for anyone who has not had fillers in a certain area before because they can be removed. If you want to take a braver plunge, then Radiesse is an excellent choice, but can't be removed like the HA gels.

Regardless of which filler you decide to use, you can place it incrementally until you have the definition and projection you want.

Of course all this is predicated on your personal anatomy and facial structure. Fillers can't take the place of implants when chin recession is severe, nor can fillers completely define a jawline if there is too much fat or skin laxity beneath the bone area.

Most cosmetic physicians will have patient before and afters - if not on their website, then in office. Ask to see photos of their patients with similar anatomy during your consultation. And choose a doctor with lots of filler experience. 

Rebecca Fitzgerald, MD

Yes, Juvederm can be used, however, I have performed many jawline injections and find that Radiesse works very well.  It gives a great angle and lasts approximately 1 year.  

Juvederm and the angle of jaw and chin

Juvederm is a fabulous product and I often use it in the lower face to mold the chin and the angle of the jaw.  I would absolutely recommend it but please consult a board certified dermatologist who has experience with these types of injections to have the best cosmetic results.