Will I be able to remove the tattoo around my lips with laser ?

My lip tattoo was done on the outside of my lip. A cream was used to cover now I have had laser it's turned blue. 5 sessions in and it's getting darker.

Laser for tattoo lips?

Hello, thank you for your question. I'm not sure what kind of laser is being used on you that is turning the ink blue but we have successfully treated patients with the PicoWay laser for blue lip outlines. It will take a couple of treatments, but it can be done very successfully.

Good Luck!

Phoenix Dermatologic Surgeon

Lip tattoo removal

It is common for the tattoo to turn darker in the lip area. It can still be removed but it will take many more treatments. These are often hard to remove but persistence pays off.

Steven F. Weiner, MD