Mini tummy tuck vs lipo. (photos)

I have seen two plastic surgeons, one recommended a mini tummy tuck & the other said I didn't need one at all. I hate how my stomach looks after two kids but I agree it doesn't look bad enough to warrant a tummy tuck. Could I still get decent results just from lipo of the abdomen? I am at my ideal weight (66kgs 176cm 32yo) and have maintained a fitness routine for almost two years now. My abdominal muscles do not need repair. I just have this annoying pouch I can't seem to get rid of :(

Mini tummy tuck

From these pictures it seems like you may be able to get away with a mini tummy tuck. See a board certified plastic surgeon in your area with an expertise in body contouring and tummy tucks for more individualized information. In my practice in the San Francisco Bay Area I have come to the conclusion that the happiest patients are those that have realistic expectation on what a procedure will and won’t do for them. 

Dean Vistnes, M.D. Vistnes Plastic Surgery San Francisco Bay Area

#realself #drdeanvistnes #minitummytuck #liposuction

Bay Area Plastic Surgeon

Dr Derby

Thank you for your question and the photos. You are better candidate fgor a Tummytuck to get the best results possible. Best of luck

Derby Sang Caputo, MD

Tummy Tuck - Mini vs Lipo?

Thank you for your question. Based on the photos provided, it appears you are a candidate for a mini tummy tuck. The muscle tightening will give you an excellent contour as well as improve the tone of the anterior abdominal wall. Liposuction can not achieve this result. Please see a board certified plastic surgeon for an in-person examination and to discuss the specific details of the procedure. Ask to see before and after mini tummy tuck photos to get an idea of what can be achieved. Hope this helps.

Mini Tummy Tuck Candidate

Thank you for your question about mini tummy tuck.

After having two children, it is extremely likely that you have muscle separation, aka rectus diastasis. You can see it in the front view picture. Rectus diastasis is fixed with a mini tummy tuck or a full tummy tuck. This will fix the laxity in your muscular fascia and get rid of the pouch.

The good news is that it appears that you still have excellent skin quality. This will be beneficial for a good result.

To be sure, see two or more experienced, board-certified Plastic Surgeons in your area for a complete evaluation to make sure you are a good candidate and that it is safe for you to have surgery.

J. Jason Wendel, MD, FACS

Liposuction or Tummy Tuck After Pregnancy

This is a question i get asked frequently. Either a tummy tuck (possibly mini) or liposuction may work, only an in person consultation and assessment will be able to tell us exactly which one you need. You specified that your abdominal muscles do NOT need repair. If this is the case, liposuction alone may give you the results you are looking for if done properly. Consult with another board certified plastic surgeon and get another opinion and then go with what you feel most comfortable with. Should you decide to have liposuction done, wait the full 4 - 6 months to see the full effects, and if it wasn't done to your satisfaction, then a tummy tuck will be the next step. Regards,

Mini tummy tuck

Looking at your pictures i can say that liposuction is enough for you to get a better look of your abdomen but as you have had two kids you probabaly will need muscle repair. Lipouction will not make your abdomen flat if you need muscle repair. Good Luck!

Australia Fragoso-Baez, MD

Mini tummy tuck vs lipo.

From your photos, i am concerned that your lower abdominal "pouch" may be due to laxity of your abdominal wall muscles.  If you have had a pregnancy and/or significant weight loss, this may be the case.  If so, you would be a better candidate for a mini tummy tuck, with or without liposuction, as opposed to a liposuction alone.  If the pouch goes away when you suck your stomach in, again this may be due to muscle wall laxity and not just subcutaneous fat.  Ask your surgeons specifically about muscle wall laxity before making a final decision as to which procedure would be best suited for you..  Best wishes, Dr. Lepore.

Vincent D. Lepore, MD
San Jose Plastic Surgeon

Liposuction vs. TT

From your photos it looks that aggressive liposuction would be sufficient. However, without detailed clinical evaluation of your skin, muscles and fat deposits it is impossible to give you a straight answer. If liposuction is unsatisfactory you can always have a mini TT. 

You may consider a consultation with a third plastic surgeon? Good luck.

Zoran Potparic, MD
Fort Lauderdale Plastic Surgeon

Vaser Lipo

Vaser Liposuction seems enough as your  skin does not look elastic too much. Therefore you should consult with a surgeon who will  give you tailor made medical information about your case.
Good luck.

Ozge Ergun, MD
Turkey Plastic Surgeon

Mini tummy tuck vs lipo: what to know

Without the benefit of an in-person evaluation it is not possible to tell how much of the lower abdominal bulge in your profile pic is from localized fat. If the abdominal wall is flat underneath, my guess is you should be able to pinch a few inches. In that case, lipo might be the answer, but the appearance is more suggestive of some degree of abdominal wall laxity which would be repaired with a mini tummy tuck.

Richard Baxter, MD