Juvederm in top lip, 1 year ago, still lumps. Any suggestions? (photos)

I had juvederm a year ago and most has come gone but have a few lumps. Will they go away on there on with time or will they stay for Ever. It bothers me when I smile and look in the mirror, because I feel my top lip is uneven now.

Thanks for your question. Lumps after one year are unusual and may have been caused by the injector’s technique resulting in scar tissue. You should consult with a board certified dermatologist to even out your lips for a more natural look. Best, Dr. Katz 

Thank you for your question. A year is a long time for Juvederm to persist in the lip. I would recommend you get Hyaluronidase in the area to dissolve the remaining filler. I would consult with a board certified dermatologist or plastic surgeon. 

Lenore Sikorski, MD
Orange County Dermatologist

Lumps one year after Juvederm

These can often be reduced using hyaluronidase. However, being there for 1 year sometimes creates a collagen response and that can not be corrected. See link.

Steven F. Weiner, MD

Juvederm in top lip, 1 year ago, still lumps. Any suggestions?

Hello, and thanks for your question and photo. You could have the filler dissolved with injection of an enzyme called hyaluronidase. In order to determine the best treatment plan for you, I recommend an in-person consultation with an expert. Best of luck, Dr. Frucht.   

Corey Frucht, MD, PhD
Santa Barbara Dermatologic Surgeon