I am 24 days post op of Bilateral Breast Reduction with the vertical scar (lollipop) technique. (photos)

I'm concerned about the shape.They seem to be tight on the bottom, more so on the outter side than the inside, pulling inward and causing a "dip" in the centre Should i be concerned about it? They are softer in the cleavage area. Is there anything I can do to help them settle in? Will they 'round out' ? I wear a proper compression bra & have started scar treatment. Thank you for your help.

Vertical scar?

Based on the photos, this looks like it is early in the post op process. Because of that, I would recommend waiting this out.  This should settle as the healing process progresses, but there is no way to tell at this point. It is a bit unusual in appearance but there is a chance that this will improve.
Hope this helps. Good luck.
Dr Vasisht

Voorhees Plastic Surgeon

I'd give it some time...

...but that's one of the reasons I really don't like the vertical breast lift.  Having my patients sit around for months with breasts that may or may not settle perfectly is difficult for the patient and the surgeon.  This will definitely improve and the "scalloped" look is a combination of central scarring and retraction and swelling on either side.  I just can't ever get it to look as wonderful as an anchor incision- may be that others can.

-JGH

Breast shape changes after reduction

With breast reduction (in particular the vertical technique) it can take upwards of 3 months for the lower breast skin to stretch out again and the breast tissue to settle into place. You're only a few weeks into it, so I would take nothing at face value at this point, and just continue following your surgeon's orders. 

Tracy Kayan, MD
Minneapolis Plastic Surgeon