How can I fix hereditary eye bags without another eyelid surgery? (Photo)

A year ago I had a lower blepharoplasty through my inner eye lid to remove fat. There is still a very notable bag which now resemble two bags as the skin pulls in the middle. Today I had upper bleph for puffiness due to excess skin but at the initial consult the surgeon said because of my face structure (protruding eyes and flat cheeks) it was too risky to take skin from lower lid as it could cause the lid to retract. How can I fix this?

Skin Reduction Lower Blepharoplasty

Thanks for your question. It is true that having a protruding eyes and flat cheeks has a risk to eyelid retreat. However, it is alright if you under a surgery with a high qualified surgeon and you can expect a good result. He would perform skin reduction lower blepharoplasty to remove a little skin from your eyelid.

Non-invasive needs for eye bags--fillers, lasers, microneedling/prp

Fillers, lasers, and microneedling/PRP can improve under eye hollows and bags. My patients try to get non surgical treatments to avoid surgery. We use PRP and stem cells there often. I suggest consulting with an expert to develop a treatment plan best suited for your short and long term goals. Best, Dr. Emer.

Lower eyelid bags

You have beautiful eyes.  What you want to avoid is taking skin away from your lids which carries a risk of "skeletonizing" your lids.  You have about 2mm of upper lid skin showing from what I can see on the photos (and photos alone do not allow me to make surgical recommendations)  If you look at photos of young people or models, they have very little upper lid skin showing.  tThey have volume which is the key.  Avoid taking skin away.  As for the lower lids, I would say that those bags you see are not from excess fat but from loose tissue over the lid cartilage and muscle.  Again, avoid any taking away of skin.  I would think of adding volume back to the lower lids with filler or fat. But beware.  Make certain your surgeon has plenty of experience volumizing the lower lid area.  It is tricky and you do not want to have someone do it who is inexperienced injecting fat into yur lower lids.   Good luck and remember, experience and reputation in performing lid surgery.  Be very careful of repeated operations on those pretty eyes of yours.

Edward J. Ricciardelli, MD
Wilmington Plastic Surgeon