How could you correct these breasts? (Photo)

I'm 19 and my breasts have always looked like this. I was wondering what procedures would possibly have to be taken to correct them to a round shape with a centered nipple etc

You will likely need a few things to produce the results that you are looking for

It is difficult to provide a specific and definite plan for you based only on the one image you have provided and without a physical examination, but I can mention a few things in general that look like they apply to your case.

First, it appears as though in addition to some breast deformities, you may also have some contribution from an irregular chest wall shape, or a deformity such as pectus excavatum, which is where the chest wall is concave in the center, or "sinks in."  This can have a profound effect on the shape and position of a woman's breasts, and it can cause them to behave similarly to how yours appear here - most of the mass of the breast mound "falls into" the concavity, and the nipples are then directed outward.  This is sometimes a challenge in simple breast augmentation, as while in some cases we can camouflage it adequately with just breast implants, in others we need to do something about the chest deformity too.  Otherwise, it's like building a house on a sloping hill and expecting it to stand upright.  If we don't have a relatively level foundation on which to place implants, they will simply follow the direction of the deformity and make the breast shape and position more pronounced.  This is something that can easily be determined during a consultation with an experienced board certified plastic surgeon.

In addition, you appear to have at least some elements of what we would call "tuberous breasts," and this happens when the areolae become dilated and stretched, and maybe even pushed up, down, or to one side or another, as the developing breast tissue grew.  In cases like this, the best results are usually obtained with implants of sufficient width, volume, and projection to create the proper proportions for your body size, in addition to some form of breast lift technique to reposition the nipples and areolae.  There are different techniques for breast lifting, and I won't go into all of those now, as the best one for your specific case can only be determined with consultation and examination.

Lastly, I think some liposuction around your axillae, or armpit areas, and possibly the bra line areas too, will help define a better shape of the breasts themselves and create an overall more attractive appearance of your chest.

These are just a few general ideas based upon the things that I see in your image.  The good news is that I definitely think there is hope for you to achieve a beautiful bustline and a result you can be proud of.  Make sure you consult with only board certified plastic surgeons who have experience in this kind of breast surgery.  Best of luck.

Breast Surgery Options

Thank you for your question and photo. A physical exam would be helpful in determining your goals and options. If nipple size or position is to be changed, a breast lift procedure with or without implants may be considered. Implants can help to reshape as well as increase the size of breasts.  I recommend that you book a consultation with  a board certified Plastic surgeon to discuss next steps.

All the best

How could you correct these breasts?

Based on your photos alone I would recommend a breast lift with or without an implant depending on your goals of surgery. Please consult with a board certified plastic surgeon to discuss your concerns. 

Regards, 

Martin Jugenburg, MD

Low nipple how to correct it for an attractive breast look

Thanks for sharing your question. I can appreciate your concern.

you will be a good candidate for a breast lift. you also have some excess superior tissue that may be address with either lipo or removal during your lift procedure. 

Finally, make sure that you have a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon.

Wishing you the best in your journey

Correction of Ptotic breasts does not require breast implants.

From the limited information in the photographs it looks as though the breasts are ptotic with a large axillary component. If you are pleased with the size mastopexy and reduction of the axillary breast would be one possible surgical approach.

Improved aesthetics

There will be a number of options for improving your breast aesthetics, but keep in mind that the correction will likely involve a number of techniques including a breast lift and liposuction.  With regards to increasing the volume and roundness of the breasts, you will probably need implants and / or fat grafting.  Your anatomy is somewhat complicated and you will definitely need an in-person assessment by a surgeon that is very experienced in aesthetic breast surgery.  I do think the shape and nipple position of your breasts can be improved significantly. Best of luck!

Robert Cohen, MD
Santa Monica Plastic Surgeon

Correct these breasts.?

You need an exam.  Tough to help you on this forum.  The good news is that there are many options for you.  The big question is what is your personal goal in terms of the size of the breasts?  Go see a board certified surgeon and you will be properly guided.  Good luck
Dr Vasisht

Bhupesh Vasisht, MD
Voorhees Plastic Surgeon

Needs a check

An exam will help.
The upper lateral beast tissue needs liposuction.
The breasts themselves will need a lift or mastopexy to shape them better.  With a mastopexy you can go larger or smaller with your breast size.

What needs to be done?

Without an in person exam it is difficult to tell exactly what would be best.  You appear to be someone who would benefit from either a breast reduction to make the breasts smaller and perkier or mastopexies (lifts) with or without implants to make the breasts perkier and/or fuller.  

Todd C. Case, MD
Tucson Plastic Surgeon

Breast correction - lift. Accessory breast tissue.

Hi Sarah,

At 19, there are many issues for you to learn about. It's understandable why you'd like a breast correction. There are shape issues, the nipples are low, there is asymmetry, and there is bilateral accessory breast tissue which also looks to be asymmetric.

In learning about this, it's important for you to be the right weight for your body before surgery, and to maintain it. You need to commit to that.
You'll need to understand possible surgical effects on future breast feeding, nipple sensation, and the consequences for your breasts of future pregnancy.

To the surgery itself: You're going to need the accessory breast tissue removed, by lipo alone to in combination with a small incision. There will need to be a lift and asymmetry correction which will place incisions and therefore scars around the new, smaller , lifted nipple, and then vertically down to the bottom of the breast. If you feel too big, some reduction can be done also, but the incisions would be the same as for the lift described. 

You can certainly have corrected breasts, and you should feel optimistic about the outcome you might get.

In Adelaide, I'd suggest you see Mr Tim Proudman for a consultation, or Mr Rod Cooter, or Mr Jim Katsaros. All are excellent experienced surgeons.

All the best.

Howard Webster
Plastic Surgeon