Do I Need Additional Surgery in Your Opinion Doctors? (Already Have One Gynecomastia Surgery) (photo)

Hi all, with big respect to all doctors here!I had gyno surgery on both sides of my breast 15 days ago, so now i`am wearing special compression garment as my doctor recommends me.I`am satisfied with my left nipple size, but my right nipple naturaly have bigger areola size a bit, and the amount of resection tissue below the right nipple was more. So now i think that my right nipple is puffy a bit compare to left nipple,what do you think,do i need additional surgery?(right nipple)

Do I Need Additional Surgery in Your Opinion Doctors? (Already Have One Gynecomastia Surgery)

ONLY 15 days! Please allow at least 3 months of healing before wondering if you will need further surgery. 

At this point, your early results are good.  You should wait at least 6 months to determine your more long term results.  I do not think you will need a revision either.  No chest will be perfect after gynecomastia surgery even with a perfectly executed surgery.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Gynecomastia and swelling

Your right areola is larger but probably was before surgery.  Right now you have swelling and have to allow it to heal.

Gynecomastia Post-op Swelling

It is too soon to determine the results of your surgery.  You are still in the healing stage, so follow your surgeons post operative instructions for your best result.

Robert E. Zaworski, MD

Gynecomastia: Early results, what to do?

At 2 weeks and without preop pictures, it is hard to help you.  The results look very good and you should expect swelling to decrease over time.

Jeffrey Ditesheim, MD, FACS
Charlotte Plastic Surgeon

Healing & Assymetry After Gynecomastia Surgery

Asymmetry during the healing process is not at all uncommon after any breast surgery. 
Also, your incisions will go through a maturation #process following #Gynecomastia #surgery. For the first few months they will be red and possibly raised and/or firm. As the scar matures, after 6-12 months, it becomes soft, pale, flat, and much less noticeable. You may experience numbness, tingling, burning, “crawling”, or other peculiar sensations around the surgical area. This is a result of the #healing of tiny fibers which are trapped in the incision site. These symptoms will disappear. Some people are prone to keloids, which is an abnormal scar that becomes prominent. If you or a blood relative has a tendency to keloid formation, please inform the doctor.

Bruising and #swelling are normal and usually increase slightly after the removal of any tape or foam. The bruising will decrease over 3-4 weeks, but may last as long as 6 weeks. The majority of the swelling will be gone within the first 3-4 weeks. However, it may take 6-9 weeks to disappear completely.
Also, as you heal, the area may feel “lumpy” and irregular. This, too, decreases with time, and massaging these areas will help soften the scar tissue. The #compression garment helps reduce the swelling, and the longer it is worn, the more quickly you will #heal. It can also assist in the retraction of the skin. If you have any concerns about #healing, its best to ask questions of your surgeon or their nursing staff.

Heal

At this point all you can do is try to be patient and let your body heal.  This process will take months.At 6 months, small touch ups can be performed but that may not even be necessary. Hang in there!

Tim Neavin, MD

Final gynecomastia result seen three months after correction.

Hi,

It looks like you have quite a good result, and it is very early.  It is possible that you will need a little revision of your right nipple in four months, but in the meantime be very optimistic.

George J. Beraka, MD (retired)