How long will it take to reduce? (Photo)

i had a bad filler and asked them to remove. I went in on Friday to have removed and within hours of using the hylauronidaze my face looked like this. I never had a reaction to the filler and now im scared it will stay. It two days later and swelling is so bad I'm scared.

Swelling after hyaluronidase

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

This degree of swelling is severe and NOT expected. It may be that you are allergic to hyaluronidase, or that you have an infection brewing. Hopefully you have sought urgent care for this reaction, which would likely include corticosteroids, antihistamines and possibly antibiotics. 

Lisa Vuich, MD

Nashua Physician

Filler Reversal

Some patients do have swelling and pain with HA reversal.  This can last for several days.  However, I would give your physician's office a call and send them brightly lit photos if necessary.  If you are having fevers and/or chills, fatigue, or extreme facial swelling and pain, there is a remote possibility that you are having an infection.

Jesse E. Smith, MD, FACS
Dallas Facial Plastic Surgeon