Who should perform an Adams Apple reduction?

I am 34 old female (I think so !) . I am very self conscious about my look, because I have thin face and I have prominent Adams apple. I want to do Adams apple reduction but there is no experience Doctors where I live (Middle East) . Who is the Best Doctor to do this procedure , Can the ENT doctor do it? or it is only Plastic surgeon? . Any suggestion ? where is the best place to do it? I can add some picture privately if doctor request it.

Doctor Answers 2

Who to choose

This surgery is frequently request by the transgender population in conjunction with gender affirming surgeries. Overall it is not a popular procedure so it is key to find somebody who does them frequently. 

A consultation would be key to have a full neck and facial analysis to delineate which tissue planes are involved. If it is only the cartilage then a shave is likely all you need. Some times fat grafting and or liposuction is added to really contour the neck.

Hope this helps.

Best of luck,


Chicago Facial Plastic Surgeon
5.0 out of 5 stars 10 reviews

Adam's apple reduction.

I have done this surgery for 35 years on females and males as well as TG patients. Choose a plastic surgeon who has done hundreds of these for the best results. 

Toby Mayer, MD
Beverly Hills Facial Plastic Surgeon
4.7 out of 5 stars 33 reviews

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.